The Gamers Plane Book Club

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 4, 2022 6:19 pm
A few weeks ago, a couple of us on the GP Discord decided that it would be fun to start up a book club. We select a book and read it in set parts that we then discuss over on the Discord every week. It's pretty engaging and so far, there has always been a lot to talk about with each part.

We'd be happy about anyone who wants to join us. It's all informal, so no need to register for anything or ask to be allowed in. If you want to join in and discuss a book, just read it with us and chat about it in the dedicated channel.

Our first book was The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. After that, we read After the Fall, Before the Fall, During the Fall by Nancy Kress.
Now we're just starting up our third book, read over the next three weeks, so it's the perfect time to join in: Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson.
Apr 5, 2022 1:18 pm
I've been complaining that I've become such a slow reader as I've aged, but found that I was able to keep up with the club. And found myself slacking off later when reading on my own LOL!
Apr 5, 2022 3:02 pm
I've been slacking off reading because there are so many distractions. I've found the bookclub to be a great incentive to read daily.
Apr 5, 2022 3:03 pm
Tempting, my city library has a copy. I kinda stopped reading fiction when I got into non-fiction and more scientific books, podcasts and TTRPGs, but I always felt I shouldn't have completely abandoned fiction.
Apr 5, 2022 4:44 pm
NABO says:
Tempting, my city library has a copy. I kinda stopped reading fiction when I got into non-fiction and more scientific books, podcasts and TTRPGs, but I always felt I shouldn't have completely abandoned fiction.
Perhaps we could tempt you back!
Apr 5, 2022 5:57 pm
Think I might join in on this! Sounds fun!
Apr 5, 2022 5:58 pm
Everyone is welcome!
Apr 5, 2022 5:59 pm
Except grumpy people who complain about every book.

Wait...

No, I take that back 🤣 I want to stay
Jun 18, 2022 9:55 am
Update: Book 4 was The Buried Giant, by Kazuo Ishiguro.

Currently allotted time for reading is nighing the end for book 5, Flowers for Algernon, by Daniel Keyes. Discussion for the entire book begins on Tuesday.

Voting for book 6 is ongoing for the book club on Discord. Front runner is the hefty horror novel Abominable by Dan Simmons. Voting closes in 15 or 16 hours.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.