total newbie to pbp

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 7, 2014 9:49 am
Though I've played tabletop RPGs for a while (just dnd) and want to try out a few different systems. Are there any tips for people brand new to this whole play by post concept? :)
Aug 7, 2014 3:31 pm
RP is a lot more important on PbP just because of the time span between posts. A lot breaks down to how each GM plays their game, but for example, when I do it, I tend to be more lenient to how someone RPs, and then I correct any actions that don't make sense/don't fit the narrative.
Aug 7, 2014 6:31 pm
don't feel too lost, i don't have much exp with Play by Post either. it'll be a fun learning experience, or death ^-^;
Aug 8, 2014 3:38 am
it's okay, to tpk? is that a new slogan ? :D
tip: be open minded and patient, i feel like these will be super handy things to be
Nov 17, 2014 6:29 pm
I've never PBP is there anyone who is running one right now? I have once played in a Skype session but the time frame was so late for me I started falling asleep while we were playing, so this seems like a better option.
Nov 17, 2014 6:38 pm
There are several active games with public forums you are encouraged to explore. Most of these games are full but there is one open spot in Sunken Secrets and a new Dresden Files game is about to start with 3 open spots. A spot in my Numenera game, The Golden Sea Chronicles, may open soon if one of the players does not make a post soon. Hope to see you in game soon.
Last edited November 17, 2014 6:39 pm
Apr 28, 2015 1:15 pm
I offer a newby game in classic dungeoncrawling now :-)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.