tweak/game_menu_forums

Apr 22, 2022 7:05 am
Now that the Top Bar Games menu is useful, it would be nice to have a direct way to get to a game's Forum instead of just the Game Details page.

Something similar to the speech bubble icons on the My Games page could work.
Apr 22, 2022 7:14 am
Why have I never noticed that the speech bubbles do that?

But yes, agreed. Something like this would be nice
Apr 22, 2022 7:22 am
Like this?

https://i.imgur.com/uUH2jue.gif
Apr 22, 2022 7:26 am
That looks good. Though, if we're already discussing it, maybe we should consider what the "main" link should be. AKA, if we click on the game title, should that lead to the forum or the Game Details? And then the other would get the smaller link
Apr 22, 2022 7:27 am
Yeah, something like that.

Do we need the cube icon as well? I suppose we do, to show us if they are games we are in or only favorites.
Apr 22, 2022 7:28 am
bowlofspinach says:
That looks good. Though, if we're already discussing it, maybe we should consider what the "main" link should be. AKA, if we click on the game title, should that lead to the forum or the Game Details? And then the other would get the smaller link
I almost always want to get to the forum. Making the main link point there would get my vote.

Maybe clicking on the cube or bookmark will then take us to the details?
Apr 22, 2022 7:28 am
bowlofspinach says:
That's probably a question for the community. I get yelled at when I change things that people are used to.
Apr 22, 2022 7:31 am
Quote:
That's probably a question for the community.
Agreed
Quote:
Do we need the cube icon as well? I suppose we do, to show us if they are games we are in or only favorites.
Yes, both icons there look a bit loaded... Maybe just the regular icon could be one link and the text the other?
Apr 22, 2022 7:34 am
bowlofspinach says:
... Maybe just the regular icon could be one link and the text the other?
I thought about that, but it is not very obvious. Some people even missed the speech bubble one. :)

If we change the focus so the text takes us to the forums (the game's text) then having the icon take us to the Details page (where the icon shows up in the title) might be intuitive enough.
Apr 22, 2022 7:35 am
Swapping them around looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/pzz9oV6.png
Apr 22, 2022 7:37 am
Maybe lose the spacey speech bubbles on that one?
Apr 22, 2022 7:38 am
Game and forum:

https://i.imgur.com/tei9dVx.gif
Apr 22, 2022 7:44 am
Looks pretty. And with this highlighting, it might be obvious even to those strange people who missed the speech bubbles that those two things do different things
Apr 22, 2022 7:56 am
In staging. I'll leave it up to y'all to talk to the community.
Apr 22, 2022 8:05 am
Looks good.

Using the bookmark icon to take us to the Details page also makes sense since that is where the Bookmark feature and button is.
Apr 22, 2022 10:23 am
Top for me... great Adam!!!
Apr 22, 2022 11:05 am
Working like a charm.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.