Code block truncated

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 28, 2022 12:56 pm
This has always bothered me but I keep forgetting to mention it. This is an old issue so apologies if someone's already logged it.

Screenshot from mobile set to default orientation (portrait). There's no issue when mobile is set to landscape because then the page is wide enough that the code isn't truncated.
https://i.imgur.com/yxPWtwu.jpg
Apr 28, 2022 12:59 pm
Yes, there's been discussion about how to format [code]. vague wants it for other reasons than you and me so he has different requirements so we never really settled on something everyone likes, I think 😅
Apr 28, 2022 1:19 pm
I did propose that we add scrolling to it so we can see the whole thing.

pre { overflow-x: scroll; }
css should do it.

But, if we don't want to do that, then wrapping might be better than not displaying it, but does meant that 'pre-formatted text' is not pre-formatted, so we lose that level of control and can only use it for displaying bbcode.

Making code blocks behave like code blocks allows that and more. But I have given up on them, so we may as well break them further.
Apr 28, 2022 1:40 pm
We did have the idea of having two separate code tags a while ago. Might still not be the worst idea
Apr 28, 2022 1:52 pm
bowlofspinach says:
We did have the idea of having two separate code tags a while ago.
I thought was three? One extra one for bits of `code` inline with the test of the text.
Apr 28, 2022 2:05 pm
One that just renders tags as tags instead of activating the code (which would also be inline) and one that does whatever you want it to do. Monospaced and scrolling and double-spaced or whatever

You do not have permission to post in this thread.