Chapter 14 - Clue Hunting

load previous
Jun 5, 2022 4:29 am
Uhm," Al tries to think of possibilities. "At church? In an ice skating rink? On a pier?"
Jun 5, 2022 4:40 am
What about a lake...the sun hits it just right and the water looks green?
Jun 5, 2022 4:47 am
"Okay," Al chuckles. "Let's go to the lake and you show me how you walk on it!"
Jun 5, 2022 7:09 am
You can walk on it if it's frozen... Johnny speculated. But there's not a lot of chance it gets cold enough here for water to freeze outside very often...so maybe it's a...whatcha call it...a pinafore?
No, a metaphor?

Eddard Linderman

Dr_B

Jun 5, 2022 9:21 am
Eddard Linderman
Eddard stabs his finger in Al's direction. "a pier is good. We have one in town... But not sure about the green part." he writes PIER on his notepad and circles it.
"We also have a rink, but it's been there a couple of years only..."

He turns to the Hunters again.
"What else, without involving Jesus... or the Ice Age?"
Jun 5, 2022 9:26 am
"What about the sewers? There's water in there and we're walking above it!"
She remembers the man climbing the stairs into the sewers.

Eddard Linderman

Dr_B

Jun 5, 2022 9:40 am
Eddard Linderman
He stabs the finger in the air again. "Good! But the water below is... positively brown..."
He writes SEWERS on his pad.
Jun 5, 2022 12:15 pm
A bridge maybe? Johnny mused. It goes over the water and would be a good place to hide a clue. Dangerous too. But I don't know if there's one that would go over "green" water. Maybe 'green' isn't a color but means something else? Like, it if means "new" instead?

Eddard Linderman

Dr_B

Jun 5, 2022 12:34 pm
Eddard Linderman
"A BRIDGE!" he shouts, making you jump, "Of course! That's how you walk on water." he writes BRIDGE on his pad too.

"Now... a bridge goes on a river, or a canal... you got a map of Gulf Haven?"

As Alana hands over the map she has found, he looks at it for a while, then says, "Nah, this is no good, it's some tourist crap... we need a larger scale... a proper map."
Jun 5, 2022 1:45 pm
"I think this is a great map!", Al replies, sounding annoyed at Eddard's comment. "But we can probably look at more different ones in the library."

Eddard Linderman

Dr_B

Jun 5, 2022 2:03 pm
Eddard Linderman
He nods, "Yeah, they should have some. I want you to go there and get the largest maps of town you can find. Check all bridges, follow rivers and canals - I gotta stay here and look after the shop - but I can have a think about your man in suit..."
Jun 6, 2022 1:38 pm
OOC:
if the Hunters don't want to do anything else, we'll close this long chapter and move them to the Library in the next
Jun 6, 2022 1:45 pm
OOC:
Sounds good
Jun 6, 2022 3:54 pm
OOC:
Sounds good
Jun 6, 2022 9:03 pm
The Hunters step out of Eddard's Shop and retrieve their rides. Ripper is once again put in the Green Duck basket, and off they go in the summer sun.
OOC:
as they ride to the Library, we close this chapter

Thread locked