"Hide Reason" not working as intended

May 7, 2022 5:34 am
Hides everything on basic dice rolls?
May 7, 2022 5:51 am
Adam says:
Hides everything on basic dice rolls?
No, it shows 'Secret Roll - 42'.

We have a 'hide everything' that only shows that a roll happened and not the result, so it looks like the bases are covered.

Rolls

Secret Roll - (42)

() + 42 = 42

May 7, 2022 6:05 am
https://i.imgur.com/Tv0PTvo.png

This is what I see. Not sure what vague put in.

But everything is greyed out. I think only the hidden parts are supposed to be greyed out
May 7, 2022 6:17 am
I entered 'Hidden Reason' in the Reason field and fixed '42' in the Roll field.

My players report it shows the same thing as if I open the post in Incognito Window:

https://i.imgur.com/jskjH33.png
May 7, 2022 6:18 am
Maybe it should not be showing the reason to the GM. It was set to hidden, after all.
May 7, 2022 6:54 am
I think GM is bound to see all, but I may be mistaking.
May 7, 2022 7:16 am
I am not quite sure what the issue under discussion is here.
Antiproduct says:
I think GM is bound to see all, but I may be mistaking.
Maybe there should also be an option to hide rolls from the GM. There are games where such things are needed and not being able to hide details from the GM means those games are slowed by forcing the GM to post a roll first so both rolls can be completed with zero knowledge.
May 7, 2022 7:24 am
Maybe it could be an option in the game settings. "Does the GM get to see everything or not?"

Edit: Which would also include notes
May 7, 2022 7:30 am
bowlofspinach says:
Maybe it could be an option in the game settings. "Does the GM get to see everything or not?"

Edit: Which would also include notes
Maybe that's a new feature. The scope of this discussion is the "bug" that was raised by Harrigan (and I think has been squashed by Vague's investigation).

So the "fix" might be:
* Make the UI a little clearer
* Document what these different options do (from the GM and player side)

Thanks for your help and investigation.
May 7, 2022 7:49 am
So, the bug was that the GM could still see them and was confused?

I don't think it is high priority, there are not many games where the GM does not want to see the dice rolls (and I tend to hide nothing), but bowl's idea of adding it as a game setting may be easier than adding new ('... including GM') options to the Hide... selection dropdown.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.