Every[world of dungeons], Everywhere, All At Once

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedWorld of DungeonsPublic4 / weekAlfredR
Dis… Sigil… Donjon… Aleph… answering to many names, there is only one Planar City.

A sprawling metropolis, suspended at the heart of all existence. A strange melting pot, connected to the vast diversity of the multiverse. Sewers and cisterns, sinking their roots into every underworld. Alleyways and labyrinths, bridging all dungeons. Dizzying spires, grasping at and spreading across the first firmament. And in every direction: the Planes, tiny as a small fiefdom or large enough to seem infinite.

Many paths lead to its winding streets and packed houses. And in The City, the right doorway can take you anywhere… anywhere, except home.
You are Planar Orphans stranded in The City, your original home worlds destroyed, corrupted or lost.

You and others like you have been summoned, brought together by a Patron of substantial influence. You have been provided with a base of operations, a refuge from the hardships of the infinite streets. In exchange for this, you will travel the exotic corners of the multiverse, contending with strange creature and bizarre phenomena as you lend your skills to the Patron's mission. Their aim?

The completion of a Planar Key. A treasure, they say, that can do the impossible. A treasure that will give birth to a new plane.

A new home, for you and your fellow refugees.

May 15, 2022 6:20 pm
[ +- ] That's rough, buddy.

Quote:
Dis… Sigil… Donjon… Aleph… answering to many names, there is only one Planar City.

A sprawling metropolis, suspended at the heart of all existence. A strange melting pot, connected to the vast diversity of the multiverse. Sewers and cisterns, sinking their roots into every underworld. Alleyways and labyrinths, bridging all dungeons. Dizzying spires, grasping at and spreading across the first firmament. And in every direction: the Planes, tiny as a small fiefdom or large enough to seem infinite.

Many paths lead to its winding streets and packed houses. And in The City, the right doorway can take you anywhere… anywhere, except home.

You are Planar Orphans stranded in The City, your original home worlds destroyed, corrupted or lost.

You and others like you have been summoned, brought together by a Patron of substantial influence. You have been provided with a base of operations, a refuge from the hardships of the infinite streets. In exchange for this, you will travel the exotic corners of the multiverse, contending with strange creature and bizarre phenomena as you lend your skills to the Patron's mission. Their aim?

The completion of a Planar Key. A treasure, they say, that can do the impossible. A treasure that will give birth to a new plane.

A new home, for you and your fellow refugees.
Hello folks!

If Spider-Man: No Way Home, The Multiverse of Madness, and Everything, Everywhere, All At Once are any indication, then it would seem that 2022 is the year for multiversal hijinks. And who am I to argue with the zeitgeist? Thus Planedawn: a selection from the planarch codex.

Looking for one to two players interested in joining in some plane-hopping adventures using Martin Nerurkar's and Martin Buntz's campaign kit: Planedawn Orphans. Mechanically, ruleset-wise, we'll be using John Harper's World of Dungeons + Johnathan Walton's Planarch Codex: Dark Heart of the Dreamer supplement. Planedawn Orphans is blatant about its themes of found family, creating your own destiny, and the beauty of diversity, so characters that dabble in those sandboxes are the kind of heroes I'd love to get to play with.

I have three players already, cool folks who are fun-loving, friendly, easy-going, and enormous fans of one another's contributions when gaming, so I would love to keep that energy and vibe going. So, if you are a chill and supportive person who likes to cheer for your fellow players, and you're interested in stuff like...

a) robbing a train that is cutting through the heart of a clockwork planet and riding the gears back to the surface,
b) attending a luxurious gala on an unkillable moon celebrating its annual plunge into the sun,
c) climbing up the guts of a 20-story god that is being used as "Uber but for smiting" so you can have a word with the manager, or
d) whatever other fever dream nonsense comes out of my fingers

...let me know! Preference goes to folks whose writing is a delight to read, and who have ideas for fun character concepts! (You don't need a fully-fleshed out PC -- much better to leave room for collaboration and discovering things on the fly in play -- but who doesn't love a fun elevator pitch?)
May 15, 2022 7:15 pm
This sounds interesting. What kind of posting frequency are you expecting? And are you open to system newbies?
Last edited May 15, 2022 7:20 pm
May 15, 2022 8:04 pm
NABO says:
This sounds interesting. What kind of posting frequency are you expecting? And are you open to system newbies?
Great Questions @NABO!

I’m thinking 4-or-5 posts per week? A little bit less than 1/day, a little more than 1 every two days. My free time isn’t what it used to be, but even if I have nothing stopping me I do tend to have a "take the weekend off" kind of approach. I myself might post more if I’ve the time and some ideas that I want to get down, but I don’t expect anyone to keep up with me.

I am 100% open to system newbies! Thankfully, World of Dungeons is an extremely slim little system. I’ve got links to World of Dungeons and Dark Heart of the Dreamer on the details page for this campaign, so feel free to check them out.
May 15, 2022 8:42 pm
Consider me interested then
May 16, 2022 3:29 am
I'm also very interested in the game. Though I'm a newbie, after reading the material, I think I have an okay grasp on how it works. More than that, it sounds like a good chance to try out some unusual characters in an unusual setting.
May 16, 2022 8:33 pm
I'm interested. I'm thinking of a kobold character from a plane where kobolds are the dominant species instead of humans. Not sure what class yet tho. I might adapt that based on the party make up.
May 18, 2022 10:35 pm
Digging the sound of this. Loved the movie as well, so the reference resonates. If you've got room, I'd love to see where this goes. I know WoD and have messed around with a lot of PbtA offshoots, so systemwise this is familiar territory. And I'm a big fan from way back when of the multiversal wanderings of Zelazny's Amber and the (recently resurrected) Everway franchise. I won't toy with a character concept if you all are full, and it looks like you might be, but I'll throw my hat out there if ever another space on the rack comes available.
Last edited May 18, 2022 10:37 pm
May 19, 2022 8:20 pm
I'm interested. I don't know if it'll matter in the end, but if I was granted a shot at playing, I would a refugee from a world where everything was set up by divine mandate. I think it'd be interesting to talk about free will and the diversity with a character from a world where neither of those things really exist.
May 21, 2022 4:24 am
Is the position still open?
May 21, 2022 8:42 pm
Hey, apologies for the silence folks -- I caught covid, of all things. I'm circling back to this now.
May 21, 2022 8:59 pm
All righty, sending out some PMs! If you don't see one, know that I still appreciate your interest in this thread and that I will keep you in mind if I get more comfortable with additional players or if there's a need to supplement the roster.
May 22, 2022 4:44 am
Thank you, Saevikas! I think I'm very much on the mend, just hoping I keep heading that way.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.