Character Creation Discussion Thread

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 17, 2022 2:30 am
People can talk about their character choices here. Collaborate as you wish. Ask questions as you need to. When everyone's character is nailed down, we'll go through some character relationship questions for funsies.
May 24, 2022 3:17 am
So I'm thinking of a Seal point Siamese housecat, owned by the cafe owners. He's a bit spoiled and accustomed to getting his way but is a likable enough fellow. His given name (by the humans) is Rasputin.
May 24, 2022 12:37 pm
i'm thinking of Alley champ cat(Scrapper+Feral) who live near by cafe. eating left over from the cafe and of course. he is the first to get the share from other street cat (and biggest) because he's boss here

https://i.imgur.com/7IHwE7Z.png
May 24, 2022 7:18 pm
I'm thinking a chonker of a black cat who lives in the cafe. As far as personality, I'm thinking Hedonism bot from Futurama if he was a cat (and thus, a bit of a dick). Likes to push Alley boss' buttons, and gets along well enough with Rasputin, but only because he thinks he's better than him (in a very cat sort of way).
May 25, 2022 11:00 am
Submitted Apple Tart the Persian kitten. :D Avatar pending and descriptions are a bit WIP, but she's mostly done.
Last edited May 25, 2022 11:01 am
May 25, 2022 10:48 pm
So it looks like we have 2 cafe cats, 1 housecat that visits the cafe, and one feral friend (or frenemy, as the case may be). Still have one more player that might join, but we can absorb them if/when they arrive.

While we're in a bit of a holding pattern, think about how your cat gets along with the others (if you haven't already). Does your cat have a buddy (or think they do, but really just like someone that tolerates them)? Does your cat have a rival? Does your cat stalk one of the other cats all the time just for fun? None of these things are critical, just fun to establish some cat relationships.
May 26, 2022 3:01 am
Middie is submitted.
Jun 4, 2022 1:35 am
I've accepted everyone's characters, except for our potential fifth player. I won't be holding things up, however, and still plan to kick things off with the first game post on Monday.

In the meantime, I'd like to get a little practical information about everyone's cat. If you would, please, post here with brief answers to the following questions:

1. On a typical day, how does your cat spend most of their time? What is one of their favorite spots?
2. How does your cat interact with the other Player Cats and/or what is your cat's attitude towards the other PCs? (Even the indoor and feral cats will have some kind of attitude towards each other. When they see each other through the window, is it friendly? Or death stares?)
3. What is your cat's attitude towards Jim and Jane? (And it might be different for each of them.)
Jun 4, 2022 3:57 am
timplausible says:

1. On a typical day, how does your cat spend most of their time? What is one of their favorite spots?
2. How does your cat interact with the other Player Cats and/or what is your cat's attitude towards the other PCs? (Even the indoor and feral cats will have some kind of attitude towards each other. When they see each other through the window, is it friendly? Or death stares?)
3. What is your cat's attitude towards Jim and Jane? (And it might be different for each of them.)
1. Eating at food time and retreating to lay on top of a hat rack near the register where he can watch everything happening.
2. Middie's attitude toward other cats is the signature look of superiority and just general condescension. Occasionally will waltz over to steal food like he owns the place.
3. Tolerates and even shows some affection towards them as the food bringers. This affection only extends through food time. The rest of the time, he feigns aloofness while simultaneously staying as close to Jane as possible.
Jun 6, 2022 3:36 am
1. On a typical day, one of Rasputin's favorite things to do is find the brightest sunbeam that he can and lay in it. If no sunbeams are available, he'll make himself at home on the counter.

2. Rasputin considers himself the wisest of the cats and tries to mentor and advise those inside. He enjoys that he is able to read human language and can be a little condescending about it. So far as the outside cats go, he is indifferent, but has never actually met any of them face-to-face.

3. Rasputin's favorite is Jim and he sleeps in bed with him and follows him about the shop. He is also fond of Jane, but doesn't show it as much. His favorite time is when Jim lets Rasputin nap on his lap.
Jun 6, 2022 5:57 pm
Apologies for a bit of silence lately, but here are some updates on Apple Tart! :D I changed her design a little while drawing the avatar - still not sure if I'm completely satisfied with it, but I think she's already cute, and that's the point. Maybe a bit too saccharine with the pink background... XD I'll need to tweak the description to match, but that would be quick.
timplausible says:
I'd like to get a little practical information about everyone's cat. If you would, please, post here with brief answers to the following questions.
1. Daily activities.
Apple Tart's owner is an artist who spends most of his time at home, so naturally her days are most often full of interacting with him, playing with her many toys and watching the streets from a windowsill. She loves messing with paints, much to her owner's chagrin, and often sits next to his easel and observes the painting process, providing helpful meowing commentary and occassional paw print additions. At night, she would climb the cabinets and perch here, so she can see the whole room - true to her demon-adjancent ancestors.

Whenever they go out, Apple usually lounges on her owner's shoulders, watching the surroundings with wide eyes and greeting every single passerby with happy chirps. And at the cafe she would play with other cats and humans, happy for company, commonly making friends with other young cats and leading them in improvised make-believe adventures.

2. Attitude towards others.
Apple is a naive sweetheart, and thinks the best of every single creature she meets: cats, humans, dogs, eldritch horrors - whoever they are, she will try to make friends with them. Her affections are often too much for naturally suspicious wild animals, feral cats included, but most domestic and soft-hearted folks like her. It is especially obvious with the kittens like herself, as Apple commonly gathers whole bands of kittens to follow her lead while exploring the cafe.
OOC:
I can't see any character sheets so I pulled information about other PCs from this thread alone. Hopefully there's nothing contradictory - but let me know if you'd like me to tweak something about Apple's opinion on your PC!

Apple Tart admires Rasputin and thinks that he is a very smart and refined cat, a true sage of the feline world. As a result, she often pesters him with questions and troubles she can't solve herself - which both strokes his ego and causes him many headaches, - and treats him as a mentor of sorts, whether he appreciates it or not.

She is intrigued by Mr. Bigfoot whenever she sees him outside the cafe, and has been - so far unsuccessfully - trying to talk to him every time they cross path. But since Apple Tart is a petite, spoiled, domestic cat, most alley felines prefer to ignore her, and her owner doesn't share the kitten's desire to make friends with a scarred boss cat of the streets.

And as for Middie, Apple mostly avoids him - since one too many condescending comments can annoy even her ever-optimistic self, and she is a little intimidated by him as well. She often thinks of him as some sort of a stuck-up noble, unlikely to play with her and dangerous to annoy. But still it's hardly a grudge, and she would easily forget all of that if he were the one to initiate a nice interaction with her.

3. Jim and Jane.
Apple Tart thinks that the cafe owners are great, and that they must be very important in the human world to be able to live in a fantastic place like the cafe. Her affection is further amplified by the fact that her owner gets along well with the two - painting a few posters and signs for them, and visiting whenever he wishes for a cup of coffee. Apple would often try to cuddle with the cafe owners, and she absolutely adores it when they play catch with her.
Last edited June 6, 2022 6:01 pm
Jun 8, 2022 1:00 am
1. On a typical day he strolls around the cafe to check up on his area. If any outside cat wants to come here they need to report to him. His favorite place is the cafe corner where he can lay and see the trash alley and front cafe at once.

2. Mr. Bigfoot does not really like Midnight much. he is like rich cat who doesn't know what the real world is.

Rasputin on the other hand, he is quite unusual even though Mr. Bigfoot not see Rasputin outside a lot but he seem to know a lot.

and for Apple Tart is the cat she handle hard the most. she sure is tweaking to him but her playful and positive thinking make him don't want to push on her too much.

3. When humans come to give food at a trash alley(back store). Jim is the smartest human cause he knows what the order should give the food the first at the trash alley. Of course me!, Jane on the other hand always wants everyone to eat at the same time. don't like it but still a good human I can deal with weakling cats who dares eat before me later.
Last edited June 8, 2022 2:15 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.