[Interest Check] Mechwarrior: Deep Cover

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 19, 2022 2:14 am
https://i.imgur.com/TWklLxt.jpg
Apologies, I don't how to resize the image.

(One shot adventure.)

You are Black Ops.
Your mission is extraction.
Should you choose to accept this mission, you will be tasked with going undercover to infiltrate Word of Blake Operations.
The objective is to infiltrate a maximum security prison camp, locate and extract the prisoners, then make it to the rendezvous point.

Play by Post
M/W/F
2 to 4 Players
May 19, 2022 11:29 pm
Cool, know anyone else that might be interested?
May 22, 2022 10:14 pm
I just finished the Battletech videogame but I'm unfamiliar with the tabletop RPG. I'm in a bunch of games already but interested, though I believe the system is notoriously crunchy. If it doesn't seem like too much extra work to bother with, I could see my throwing my hat in the ring.
May 23, 2022 2:51 am
Great, that's two, one more would be good for an infiltration game.
May 24, 2022 4:27 am
Never played this system played a little of the videogames as a kid… i am interested
May 24, 2022 6:47 pm
Cool, I'll send invites.
May 24, 2022 7:31 pm
For this scenario you're going to need a Scout or a variation of that type of character, an Infiltrator, someone who can get in and get out without being tagged, and some muscle, good with firearms, include Gunnery skill and Piloting skill for mech combat. Using the Life Modules system, averaging 5 Life Modules per character.
May 27, 2022 2:39 pm
Building characters in AToW, it can be pretty challenging to get 'mech combat skills to useable levels without being pretty focused as a mechwarrior. I take it only the muscle needs to be a capable pilot..?
May 27, 2022 3:16 pm
You nailed it GreyGriffin. Good point.
May 27, 2022 7:52 pm
I'm willing to stat out a covert ops mechwarrior if you still need the spot filled.
May 28, 2022 2:46 am
I am interested still been a bit busy this week, my father tested positive for covid this week. been helping my mom, fortunately he got his shots and is doing pretty good.
May 28, 2022 11:27 pm
I am interested as well. Just got back from a 6 month overseas deployment and I'm wanting to itch my Battletech scratch and Mech 5 ain't cutting it.
May 29, 2022 12:34 am
For anyone not familiar with Battletech lore, history or Mechs, I highly recommend looking up TEX Talks Battletech on YouTube. His videos are entertaining as hell and really in-depth. They're on the long-ish side but they don't drag on.
May 29, 2022 2:05 am
witchdoctor says:
For anyone not familiar with Battletech lore, history or Mechs, I highly recommend looking up TEX Talks Battletech on YouTube. His videos are entertaining as hell and really in-depth. They're on the long-ish side but they don't drag on.
I agree with this. Love all the videos he's done.
May 31, 2022 12:06 pm
Battletech is also blessed by one of the most extensive and thorough wikis in all of fandom in sarna.net.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.