Chapter 2: Pelle's House

load previous
May 31, 2022 2:28 am
"Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait," Robbie stammers out. "Forget the boat. Pelle was run over by a CAR, then just got up and started chatting with the person that did it? There is NO way that Pelle isn't a robot."
May 31, 2022 7:43 am
In some pictures, you can see the name of the boat painted on its side: Mileva
Some photos seem to have been taken out on the lake but most are in what you recognize as the harbor in Törnbyviken, south of Stenhamra. That's probably where it's usually anchored.

You don't know where the witch lives but the letter mentions a bunker on Göholmen, which would be at the very northern tip of Svartsjölandet, the island you're on. You kind of know where it should be there, so if you went up there, maybe you'd be able to look around and find it. Or you could instead search for someone who could tell you more precisely where it is.
May 31, 2022 2:17 pm
"This is just crazy. And you know what else? I bet you Pelle never grows up and that's why the letter says they have to move every couple of years. A robot Peter Pan.".

Erik pauses for a moment and looks at the gang around him. He's the eldest, and feels the pressure to lead the group, but this is an unfamiliar game.

"But what do we do, now? I guess we could go and try and find the Mileva, maybe Pele went there? Or maybe we could go try find Pele's aunt. What do you guys say?"
May 31, 2022 3:28 pm
Mike had a little toy robot once. The neighborhood bully ran it over with his bicycle. The robot did not survive like Pelle. Back then, Mike used to fantasize his robot growing into a giant and blasting all the bullies.

Why didn't Mike pay more attention to the new kid? Only last year he'd been the new kid. Pelle was just so good at everything and popular—in other words, the sort of kid Mike was not.

"If we do find him, what then? What are we even doing?"
May 31, 2022 6:15 pm
"We have to go find his aunt," Robbie says. "I mean, don't you just kind of want to see this for yourself? Robo-Pelle! Imagine. Maybe we could ask her. If I'm not wrong, this place is on our island. What do you think? Can get their on our bikes?"
May 31, 2022 6:32 pm
OOC:
It would be about an hour bike ride, probably a bit longer since you'd have to go off-road near the end. But it's definitely possible to head to the bunker by bike. The harbor is even closer, just in the opposite direction, so that would also be reachable by bike.
May 31, 2022 7:23 pm
"What are we doing? We're making sure he's ok. If anything everything we've seen here only makes me think we need to check on him even more and as for all this talk about him being a robot....I don't know about that. I've never seen a robot that looks like a person before, doesn't matter anyway, he still ran so I'm guessing he was scared so he at least needs some friends around him. The harbour is closer so I think we should check there first before we try and find where his aunt lives"
May 31, 2022 8:20 pm
"Birger. Mikey, Aunt or boat?"
May 31, 2022 8:54 pm
I think Erik is right. We need to check if Pelle is ok. The boat could be where he is hiding and it is closest. Birger replies slowly. He is distracted by the realization that Pelle is a robot. The missing duvet was the final clue for Birger.
Jun 1, 2022 3:32 am
"Right. Let's go find the boat."
Jun 1, 2022 7:00 am
You all decide that the best course of action for now is to take a look at the boat. That seems like a place where Pelle could be hiding out. As you leave the house, you all suddenly become aware of what it was that seemed off to Robbie but that he couldn't put his finger on. All the lights in the surrounding streets are off. It's during the day, though it's still early and not quite bright yet, so that might not be too strange, until you realize that even the traffic lights are turned off. As you ride your bikes through town, you realize that all of Stenhamra seems to be without electricity.
All of Stenhamra, except for Pelle's house, that is. All the aquariums and terrariums in there were still working, as was the family computer...
OOC:
Continued in Chapter 3

Thread locked