Convert EotE to SWFFG

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 23, 2016 4:26 am
This came up a few months ago but got forgotten by the wayside: I'm thinking of renaming EotE here on GP to Star Wars FFG (SWFFG) (following the naming schema of SWd6, SWd20, etc). I have some possible logo ideas, since, as far as I know, FFG doesn't have a superset logo. For now, the character sheet would stay the same, but I could either create 3 different character sheets for the 3 games, or update the character sheet to include details from the other two games.

So first, thoughts to that? Or should I make 3 systems (EotE, AoR, FoD)? And if SWFFG, which logo do you like best? I lean to 3 or 4.

1)http://gamersplane.com/images/logos/starwarsffg.jpg

2)http://gamersplane.com/images/logos/starwarsffg_2.jpg

3)http://gamersplane.com/images/logos/starwarsffg_3.jpg

4)http://gamersplane.com/images/logos/starwarsffg_4.jpg
Jun 23, 2016 4:28 am
#4 for me.
Jun 23, 2016 8:10 am
I like #1.

And I would also say that just 1 character sheet would be best. Since the systems are designed to work together you could have characters from each in the one game. In those instances we need to keep track of Morality, Duty and Obligation at the same time.
Jun 23, 2016 10:13 am
I like 1 and also one character sheet seeing all 3 systems can work with each other.
Last edited June 23, 2016 10:14 am
Jun 23, 2016 11:58 am
I like #4 and I say combine them because the games are designed to be played together
Jun 23, 2016 1:12 pm
I like #2 since it's a throwback also if you change it to Star Wars FFG (SWFFG) could the section title 'Obligation' be changed to 'Obligation/Duty/Morality'?
Jun 23, 2016 1:18 pm
Remnant says:
I like #2 since it's a throwback also if you change it to Star Wars FFG (SWFFG) could the section title 'Obligation' be changed to 'Obligation/Duty/Morality'?
Heh, yah, #2 was me thinking, let's see what the SW coloring looks like, but then 3-4 were holding to the SWFFG color schemes.

And yes, I can change the header.
Jun 23, 2016 1:23 pm
I have found a PDF sheet which incorporates all of the information from all three versions of the game. This one has a little too much, I think, to use on Gamersplane but it might be useful to refer to.
Jun 23, 2016 1:54 pm
fluglichkeiten says:
I have found a PDF sheet which incorporates all of the information from all three versions of the game. This one has a little too much, I think, to use on Gamersplane but it might be useful to refer to.
I'll take a look as soon as i can. I've also learned a lot more about the game since I created the sheet, so there are a number of upgrades I can make.
Jun 23, 2016 5:22 pm
I vote #3, with #1 being a close second. Also, One Sheet to Rule Them All!
Jun 23, 2016 5:29 pm
*groans as he thinks about all the star wars characters he needs to input again after the new sheet comes out*
Jun 23, 2016 5:32 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
*groans as he thinks about all the star wars characters he needs to input again after the new sheet comes out*
NOPE! This will be a conversion; all data will be maintained.
Jul 6, 2016 11:49 am
I should have asked for this when you started this thread, but would it be possible to get the full list of Skills on the character sheet by default? Most of them would be stuck at 0 to begin with, but it is useful to be able to look and see that it is 0, and also which Characteristic a Skill is associated with (without having to break out a book). Also, since the Skills can be upgraded when a character has earned XP they would be able to see at a glance exactly what is available, where they are lacking, etc.
Jul 6, 2016 12:08 pm
That's planned for when I upgrade that sheet. I'll only be able to include anything on the character sheet of course.
Jul 6, 2016 12:51 pm
Perfect, thanks!
Jul 6, 2016 1:02 pm
fluglichkeiten says:
I should have asked for this when you started this thread, but would it be possible to get the full list of Skills on the character sheet by default? Most of them would be stuck at 0 to begin with, but it is useful to be able to look and see that it is 0, and also which Characteristic a Skill is associated with (without having to break out a book). Also, since the Skills can be upgraded when a character has earned XP they would be able to see at a glance exactly what is available, where they are lacking, etc.
Glad to hear this will make the list. It's super useful to assembling dice pools.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.