[Full, Closed] - The Mud, the Blood, and the Beer

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Closed24MBBPublic1 / dayone_gunslinger
This is a hack of the 24XX SRD called "The Mud, the Blood, and the Beer" by Calvin Johns. It's a lo-fi alternative near future-like setting and may have a Star Wars: Madalorian, Westworld, Trigun, or even Blade Runner kind of vibe. It's in the near future, yes, but tech has advanced differently in some areas than others. You may see someone wielding a six-shooter alongside someone with a laser (lightsaber-Esque) weapon. I'd like to think of it as a mashup of the above-mentioned popular references with a touch of Stephen King's Gunslinger and Cowboy Bepop. . .minus the starships and space.

It's a rules-light game with a d6 resolution system with degrees of success (Disaster < Setback < Success).

24MBB Game File

May 20, 2022 3:29 pm
Looking to see if anyone may be into this:

This is a hack of the 24XX SRD called "The Mud, the Blood, and the Beer" by Calvin Johns. It's a lo-fi alternative near future-like setting and may have a Star Wars: Madalorian, Westworld, Trigun, or even Blade Runner kind of vibe. It's in the near future, yes, but tech has advanced differently in some areas than others. You may see someone wielding a six-shooter alongside someone with a laser (lightsaber-Esque) weapon. I'd like to think of it as a mashup of the above-mentioned popular references with a touch of Stephen King's Gunslinger and Cowboy Bepop. . .minus the starships and space.

It's a rules-light game with a d6 resolution system with degrees of success (Disaster < Setback < Success).

24MBB Game File

You play a Stranger. Your origin is that of a Veteran, Refugee, or an Android. You're a sinner and you're wicked. You've even taken human life, first in self-defense but then because it felt good. You have stolen from those in need, first to survive but then because it was easy. You have treated humans as objects and property because they were less powerful and could not stop you. But now you have stopped doing those things. You are still that person - you still want to do those things - but you are trying on a different approach to life. You have realized a new ethos, and you feel deep camaraderie with any who share it.
Last edited May 24, 2022 6:49 pm
May 20, 2022 3:45 pm
I'm very interested in this but I'm in a lot games so if you don't fill it I should be available. Pick other's first though please.
May 20, 2022 4:08 pm
Very interested in this. Hope we can get something awesome going together.
May 20, 2022 6:10 pm
I have been looking to get into a 24xx game and I might as well give it a shot. I am playing in other games as well, so I'll gladly give my spot to any new members without games.

Either way, always good to see games spring up.
May 20, 2022 6:15 pm
Mighbe interested as a few of my games seem to have ground to a halt, but again Hapoy for newer players to grab first
May 20, 2022 6:37 pm
Sounds like we got a solid group to get started.

Thanks folks.
May 20, 2022 6:39 pm
@Windyridge and @Antiproduct. Thanks for showing interest. I'll keep you posted if I can't fill all four spots.
Last edited May 20, 2022 6:39 pm
May 20, 2022 8:20 pm
Great thanks. Good luck with the game! It's awesome to see this game being offered here.
May 20, 2022 10:32 pm
I would be thrilled to be a player in 24MBB. Please include me?
May 21, 2022 5:37 am
Sounds like an awesome time, @one_gunslinger. Have fun everyone!
May 22, 2022 2:36 pm
Thanks for the interest everyone. I sent out some invites. For those of you I missed I will let you know if a spot comes open and you would still like to jump in!
Last edited May 22, 2022 2:36 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.