Introductions!

May 22, 2022 12:32 am
Hello folks! So, a few of us know each other, but not all of us. I do know that Gamers Plane has a little forum for intro'ing ourselves, but that's an awful lot of threads so it is perhaps not especially convenient. So...

Hi! I'm Alfred! I've been playing RPGs for about 20ish years, and it occurs to me I've been doing PbP and PbChat for only a little less time than that. I'm not an enormous fantasy fan, but considering my love of things like the comic series Sandman, the movie Ink, and games like Nobilis or Scion? It's safe to say I have a big space in my heart for weirder strains of fantasy. When I picture Planedawn in my mind's eye, I am seeing a lot of the Goblin Market from Hellboy 2, I'm seeing Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, I'm seeing Jupiter Ascending, I'm seeing Kill 6 Billion Demons, I'm seeing Disco Elysium. I'm seeing wild character designs, excellent costuming, overwrought setpieces, syncretic and/or anachronistic technology/magic.

I work in the hotel field, providing technology services to conventions and meetings, so my schedule can be preeeeetty erratic unfortunately. That said, I do my best to keep up with games. For me, my best tools for staying engaged are open and clear communication about my own scheduling needs, and understanding from other players when I do disappear for a bit.
May 24, 2022 4:53 am
Hey all, I'm Samaritan. In my real life, I'm a software developer, and a part-time SFF writer. I live in Sydney, Australia.

I've been playing RPGs and PbP for about 20 years as well - I started with Mutants and Masterminds, moved onto Apocalypse World and PbtA, and now tend to stay down the indie side of things. I'm interested in most games (especially if Alfred is running it), but tend to prefer story-focused over crunch. Planescape Torment is one of my favourite games of all time (and so is Disco Elysium come to think of it) so I'm excited for this one.
May 24, 2022 7:48 am
Hi folks! Harrigan here, long time RPer and lover of the PbP / PBEM format. (Was the only way I played for almost 25 years, from 1995 to 2019!) I started off in the early 80s with the usual TSR fare, but quickly dumped AD&D and became a GURPS / HERO / Champions / Fudge / Heavy Gear / Jovian Chronicles / Underground / Feng Shui guy in the 90s. In the 2000s, I reluctantly dove into some d20 stuff like Mutants and Masterminds, which is where I met Sam, then waded into the wonderful small press and indie game waters, which is when I met Alfred. Two of my most favorite people to play PbP games with for sure, and while I won't say that this kind of 'out there' fantasy really speaks to me, I have utter faith this will be an awesome game. Argo I met on Chris Wolf's Offworlders Discord, and from there I dragged him into the world of PbP games. Sorry, man! And FluxCapacitor, we've played in one brief game together too if I'm not mistaken...

I live in Colorado, work as a technology and innovation executive at an engineering company, and have been back playing live / virtual RPGs since 2019. I'm generally on GP every day, but my work schedule has been horrible lately -- apologies for getting off to a bit of a slow start here...
Last edited May 24, 2022 7:53 am
May 27, 2022 8:51 pm
Hello all! Really glad for the invite and to be here in such good company, so thank you all for that. I live in California, and work from home in import/export. I've been playing RPGs for a long time as well, sampling many different systems. The ones I've played the most are the various editions of D&D, the old West End Star Wars game, d20 Modern, and FFG Star Wars, but I've also been trying much more diverse systems lately and they've been great. Thanks to Harrigan for the dragging along!
May 29, 2022 9:00 pm
Hi all :) I'm joining a bit late but very happy to be here!

I've been playing TTRPGs for over 15 years on and off. I'm in 3 real life games (D&D, Warhammer frp and Dungeon World), one of which I GM. I joined GP a few months ago and I had never done any play by post before that, but it's been a lot of fun so far. I try to limit my amount of games, but man it's getting harder and harder to say no to those interest check threads :D

My timezone is CET as I live in Europe, I'm usually active throughout the day. Often I can sneak in a few minutes at work (IT software dev) to reply to something, so I can usually reply within 24 hours (or maybe a bit longer if it's busy)

I'm currently in a WoDu game with vagueGM as my GM where I play a priest-type character, so I'm going to try and change things up here. Also, Harrigan is in another game with me right now :)

Oh, feel free to call me "Gen" for short.
May 29, 2022 9:06 pm
One of us! One of us! One of us!
Jun 3, 2022 7:43 pm
Has anyone heard from Alfred? He's been pretty quiet the last few days.
Hope you're ok @AlfredR
Jun 4, 2022 3:15 am
Suspect he's just busy! If we don't hear from him, I'll ping him on Discord this weekend.
Jun 5, 2022 5:02 am
Hello! Yes, work tends to eat me every once in a while, unfortunately. It can be hard to predict, and I do always resurface but it is a pain. Apologies!
Jun 5, 2022 7:59 am
I see. No worries :) glad to have you back!
Jun 7, 2022 9:25 am
A quick heads-up. I'm traveling this week, starting tomorrow (8th) to sunday (12th) I'll be less active here. I should still be able to pop in a few times during the trip.
If you need my attention, please ping me on discord or send a PM.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.