First post of a recruitment thread to open at top

May 25, 2022 4:28 pm
If you open the first post of a recruitment thread that has a games details page attached, for the page to not start at the first post but at the top so you can see the recruitment details?
May 25, 2022 6:16 pm
Makes sense really. I think it'll be useful.
May 25, 2022 6:39 pm
I should point out that this was Bowl's observation, not mine. I agree though.
May 25, 2022 9:34 pm
I had thought about that as well. The current behaviour is a little weird, but sorta makes sense in a way.

I think starting at the top (when there is not an appropriate 'last read' position) is best. We can try it and see?

People may need to get out of the habit of duplicating much of the same text in the first post and the Game Details, and that is slightly complicated by later adding or removing the link, I hope we don't end up with orphaned explanations.
Jun 30, 2022 5:28 pm
@bowlofspinach - I think it already does. What was this about?
Jun 30, 2022 5:32 pm
When a recruitment thread is linked to a Game Details page, it adds all that Game Details information at the top. But if a user clicks on that recruitment thread, the page automatically skips to the first post, below all the game information. I think it would make sense to stay at the top of the page so that users would see the Game Details information first without having to scroll up, which especially new users might not think to do
Jun 30, 2022 5:33 pm
bowlofspinach says:
When a recruitment thread is linked to a Game Details page, it adds all that Game Details information at the top. But if a user clicks on that recruitment thread, the page automatically skips to the first post, below all the game information. I think it would make sense to stay at the top of the page so that users would see the Game Details information first without having to scroll up, which especially new users might not think to do
When you say "a user clicks on that recruitment thread" do you mean they click the icon to get to the last unread post?
Jun 30, 2022 5:34 pm
That's how I enter basically any thread. But I would only expect to be led to the top if I'm opening the first page of the thread that way
Jun 30, 2022 5:39 pm
bowlofspinach says:
That's how I enter basically any thread. But I would only expect to be led to the top if I'm opening the first page of the thread that way
Is it a first page thing? What if there have been 10 posts? Wouldn't you expect last unread to be the one shown?
Jun 30, 2022 5:43 pm
Yes, as I said. The only time I'd expect to be led to the top of the page with the Game Details information is if I'm opening the first post of the thread

You do not have permission to post in this thread.