*The Final Enemy

May 30, 2022 9:43 pm
The next morning is quite dreary with overcast skies threatening rain. Despite this, spirits are high as the force gathers outside the inn. As promised, Oceanus is there, along with an assemblage of six strong marines, led by the newly promoted Sergeant Will Stoutly and including his brother, Tom. Also gathered are a force of 14 lizardmen, being given a wide berth by the townsfolk, who eye them suspiciously. After a stout breakfast, the group is led to the harbor, where waits a small but sturdy vessel, the Lady Sarah, crewed by three officers and eight sailors.
May 30, 2022 10:48 pm
Blind Monkey was the first up and his breakfast was rather small only bays and buts he founs, and milk, he was getting used to this drink and appreciated it may be a little more than what he should have.

He follows the group and nod his head in appreciation of the boat.
May 30, 2022 11:30 pm
Though just as rumpled as the night before, Ozrik is at least clean now. And after a better breakfast than he's had in a long while, the warrior feels like a new man. He strikes up a conversation with the Stoutlys and the other marines as fighting men often do.
May 31, 2022 2:54 am
Venemar wishes his friend Gazza all the best in his new venture that has called him away in a manner which is as urgent as it is unexpected.

After breakfast and settling his bill with the innkeeper he greets Oceanus, the Stoutly brothers and the other marines and the lizardmen. He arranges to meet them at the ship.

He then makes a detour to see Hiram Faulkner and retrieves his old longsword, in case Ozrik needs it.

At the quayside, he passes it to Ozrik. "It’s yours if you need it. Feel free to sell it if you don’t"
Last edited May 31, 2022 2:57 am
May 31, 2022 5:58 am
Lothar adjusts the satchel at his hip and leans on his staff as he makes his way to the ship. He glances back at the group of lizard men, but quickly looks away. "What strange group have I gotten myself involved with?" He thinks to himself, but continues forward. "At least it's a large group."
Jun 1, 2022 9:42 am
"l’m glad you’ve joined us Lothar. The addition of a further mage to our band will make us lot more effective as a whole." Venemar has little understanding of arcane lore and is rather in awe of wizards. "I’m sure you’ll have the opportunity to have intellectual discussions with Albionus, speaking of which, where is he?" he remarks looking out over the people at the quayside.
Jun 2, 2022 1:39 am
Abigail ate her breakfast shortly after her twilit dawn prayers to the stars above. Making sure everything is in her pack, she joins everyone on the water vessel. She warmly greets the others that join them, including the lizardmen.
Abigail ate her breakfast shortly after her twilit dawn prayers to the stars above. Making sure everything is in her pack, she joins everyone on the water vessel. She warmly greets the others that join them, including the lizardmen.
Abigail ate her breakfast shortly after her twilit dawn prayers to the stars above. Making sure everything is in her pack, she joins everyone on the water vessel. She warmly greets the others that join them, including the lizardmen, though unable to speak their tongue.
Jun 2, 2022 3:15 am
Lothar smiles at Venemar. "Thank you for allowing me to join the party. I will do my best to help out. I am hoping that we come across some arcane scrolls while adventuring. I am always looking to expand my skill and knowledge. I have not been in a group with another mage before. I agree with you. I believe that the two of us will make the group stronger overall."

Lothar looks around as Venemar asks after Albionus. He furrows his brow and pulls at his long, white beard. "I am fairly certain he followed the group out of the Inn."
Jun 2, 2022 12:34 pm
Ozrik accepts Venemar's longsword solemnly.

"Thank you, Sir. I'm honired."

Although the fighter favors the halberd to a sword, it would feel disrespectful to sell a gift it no matter what the paladin said.
Jun 3, 2022 6:27 pm
Harrumphing as he hurried out of the Inn hoisting his large pack, Albionus rushed to join the others at the docks. Flying, jumping and often resting on his master's shoulders, the form of the ill-tempered owl Archibald added a comic effect to the magic-users rushed traversal of Saltmarsh on his way to the docks.

He had lost track of time, enthralled by the Spiviterian conjecture and the five runes that were ordinarily assumed to be the only solution to the paradoxes it birthed in the theory of thaumaturgy. And he had probably indulged in far too much gaveh, a beverage he consumed in vast quantities when he had to work into the darkest night— as he had been compelled to do by the short time reserved to preparations of an arcane sort. 'It always troubles my morning ablutions,' he half thought, half murmured.

Soon he rejoined the others. Nodding cordially at the newly joined members and presenting an approximation of excuses for his tardiness to his older companions, he finished by curtly greeting the party's allies — Natasia, Oceanus, Stoutley and his band of guardsmen, and the lizardmen warriors.

"Here I am, here I am! My most sincere apologies, but mastery over untamed mysteries of the cosmos cannot always be postponed," he stated in his usual, pre-mission grandiloquence. "Sir Venemar, I am sure you, and our brave group, will be most satisfied by the latest additions to my eldritch repertoire...", and with that, he made ready to board and depart.

matmaisan sent a note to WhtKnt
Last edited June 3, 2022 6:42 pm
Jun 6, 2022 1:45 am
"I’m sure we will Albionus. I was just saying to Lothar how having two mages with us will make our band stronger as whole."
He looks towards Blind Monkey, smiles and says, "I’m pleased you’ve joined us. We worked with a monk when we first arrived in Saltmarsh and her skills were invaluable."
Last edited June 6, 2022 1:52 am
Jun 6, 2022 5:13 am
"What happened to her?"
Jun 6, 2022 8:18 am
Blind Monkey smile in return

Other monks in this region there is ? A good news for us it is, what of her tell me can you ?
Jun 6, 2022 10:18 pm
"She was called Tezhra. I remember that when we were exploring the Selgore place, we found a secret door leading to a series of tunnels and a sea cave, which the smugglers were using as their base. After fighting some smugglers and beast men, we came upon the illusionist Sanbalet. He cast a colour spray spell, which knocked out Bran and I. Later on I learned that Tezhra bravely attacked the illusionist, injuring him with her unarmed combat skills and preventing him from casting more spells. Eventually she and the others slew Sanbalet. If she hadn’t attacked when she did, with her martial arts skills, things might have turned out differently.
I don’t know where she is now. She left Saltmarsh once we had cleared out the smugglers’ lair."
Last edited June 6, 2022 10:21 pm
Jun 7, 2022 2:27 am
Ozrik nods thoughtfully. From Venemar's accounts of their exploits this sounds like quite a formidable group. This expedition promises be interesting, to say the least.
Jun 7, 2022 5:27 am
Blilnd Monkey nod his head

A good monk, she looks like.
Jun 7, 2022 7:02 pm
"Indeed, a most valorous warrior," the magus intoned. "Quite the scrap, that was. Sanbalet and his minions were a vicious lot. But worse was to come, on the deck of the Sea Ghost. I fear we go into deeper, more turbulent waters. It must be so, for if persons such as us — skilled and determined — cannot set wrongs to rights, there is little hope that the common men and women of Oerth will manage to do what must be done. "
Jun 7, 2022 7:44 pm
The journey to the lizard men's old lair begins as the sun crests the horizon. The captain and crew are capable folks and you anticipate no difficulties on the way there. When you arrive will doubtlessly be a different matter. However, the best-laid plans...

About two in the afternoon, the ship is jarred by a bump, as if it had hit a reef. In the next instant, a massive tentacle wraps itself around the bow of the ship! The captain orders all to arms! No sooner is this command issued than another tentacle wraps about the stern!
OOC:
The party has the initiative and you may all act in any order.

Rolls

Octopi Initiative - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Ship Initiative - (1d6)

(5) = 5

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.