Chapter 15 - The Competition

load previous
Jun 18, 2022 1:37 pm
It was a pretty blank room by the time I saw it. Johnny shrugged. Everything was already in boxes... Maybe it was something else he owned or wore that kept it away. I guess we could ask the old twin sisters if they remember anything Ramon regularly wore or did.

Eddard Linderman

Dr_B

Jun 18, 2022 1:53 pm
Eddard Linderman
He nods, "yes, you need to know more about this. Whatever he did, it worked: and you will need to do the same, if you want this entity to leave you alone.

But remember: everything you do from now on, you have to keep secret. Stay away from open areas and windows, close curtains, talk indoors. The enemy has many feathered spies."

He points at the map, "even this... you need to memorize it, then destroy it. It will be too easy for the enemy to snatch it off you."
Jun 18, 2022 9:16 pm
Johnny considers Eddard's advice for a moment, fiddling with his lip to ease some nervous energy, So...could we maybe use that to our advantage and lure Mr. Black somewhere the treasure isn't? Like let him steal a fake map with the wrong place marked on it? Maybe see if we can lay a trap for him?It'd be pretty dangerous but if we could figure out Ramon's secret for keeping him away from you it might work.

Eddard Linderman

Dr_B

Jun 18, 2022 9:37 pm
Eddard Linderman
He ponders at Johnny's words. "A trap... hmm. How would we trap something like Solomon Black? We know too little... but the fake map idea at least might get him on a false trail for a while, to buy you time..."
Jun 18, 2022 9:40 pm
Logan stands there listening to the others as they make plans. How would we make a fake map..or even make it believable?
Jun 18, 2022 11:25 pm
Well, we could just get another map and mark right the places he might know had clues and mark wrong the ones he doesn't do that it triangulates the wrong place to look. he shrugged. I mean, he's got all these weird magic powers but he can't be all that smart otherwise he'd know exactly where the treasure was without the clues. Right? We could even think up places to mark that might even match the clues close enough to fool him even if he did know what the papers said...
Jun 18, 2022 11:35 pm
OOC:
sounds like you could align the tasks you brainstormed to your afternoon commitments: Al and Johnny could use part of their Library shift to create a fake map to divert the adversary's attention, while Logan, free from commitments, could go to Sunny Haven to ask about Ramon (unless you want to wait for Johnny to be available for the Sunny Haven visit, in which case it would have to wait for the morning after)
Jun 19, 2022 3:02 am
OOC:
I'm fine with Logan visiting the sisters. We can plan it with the others.
Jun 19, 2022 4:41 am
OOC:
Sounds like a plan
Jun 19, 2022 5:35 am
OOC:
I'm good with the division of labor.
Jun 19, 2022 6:55 am
OOC:
What do you do with Alana's original map, with the marked swords?
Jun 19, 2022 6:57 am
Al looks a bit disappointed at having to get rid of the map. It hasn't really served them well, but it has been part of this adventure. She rolls it up into a ball and throws it to Ripper. "Here girl! Kill!"

Jack the Ripper

Dr_B

Jun 19, 2022 8:43 am
Jack the Ripper

Ripper immediately indulges, catching the paper ball in her mouth and chewing at it, covering it in drool until it bears no resemblance to a map of any sorts.
OOC:
sounds good, we will narrate the next part in a new chapter.

Thread locked