Ask Me Anything: CTWraith

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

CTWraith

bowlofspinach

Jun 10, 2022 6:39 am
In an attempt to get to know the community and other users on GP better, we want to allow a different member each week to step into the spotlight.
You can find more information here.
About me:

Name: CTWraith
RPG Interests: Getting deeper into the Free League catalogue by the month. I'm also a fan of the Witcher and Cyber Punk games from R. Talsorian Games. I'm opening up more and more to various different systems, having dabbled in AFMBE, Starfinder, Starship Troopers, A Song of Ice and Fire, and Dragon Age. I used to have a love for the Palladium Books lines of games, but have fallen away from those in recent years.
Non RPG Interests: Video gaming, watching sports (NFL, CFL, MLB, NHL), hunting, fishing, camping, mental health, true crime stories, board gaming.

This AMA will run until 17 June 2022.
CTWraith
Jun 10, 2022 12:27 pm
Why do Edmontonians go down to Calgary when it's clearly uphill?
Jun 10, 2022 12:45 pm
What Free League games have you played and which is your favorite?

Which crime is the truest that ever happened?
Jun 10, 2022 1:58 pm
Qralloq says:
Why do Edmontonians go down to Calgary when it's clearly uphill?
We clearly think much more highly of ourselves than we do of Calgarians.
bowlofspinach says:
What Free League games have you played and which is your favorite?

Which crime is the truest that ever happened?
Twilight 2000 and Alien. So far Alien is the front runner, but if I had more hands on time with Twilight it would be a tie. Haven't yet tried Forbidden Lands or Symborum, though they are one my list.

Truest crime that has happened? Uhhh, all of them?
Jun 11, 2022 1:26 pm
What was your entry into Palladium games, what was your favorite, and what made you lose interest?

I got into it with Beyond the Supernatural, then used Transdimensional TMNT to launch a crazy homebrewed time/dimension hopping game, and finally realized that there were much more elegant rule systems and left it behind. I still have fond memories of those old Palladium games.
Jun 11, 2022 4:15 pm
thetaodaddy says:
What was your entry into Palladium games, what was your favorite, and what made you lose interest?

I got into it with Beyond the Supernatural, then used Transdimensional TMNT to launch a crazy homebrewed time/dimension hopping game, and finally realized that there were much more elegant rule systems and left it behind. I still have fond memories of those old Palladium games.
My entry into Palladium Books was 'Ninjas and Superspies,.' My favorite line was theirs 'Robotech' line of books, though I was also a fan of their 'Palladium Fantasy' line as well.

I guess I started losing interest after they began focusing more on Rifts than anything else. Plus realizing that character creation was absolute chore compared to other systems out there.

Then there was their Robotech Kickstarter which was an absolute nightmare on wheels. There are too many details to put here, but just the sheer disrespect that Palladium showed its customers really put me off. I sold off all but my Robotech and TMNT books.
Jun 11, 2022 11:03 pm
What kind of music do you listen to and what are some of your favorite TV series?
Jun 12, 2022 12:16 am
Windyridge says:
What kind of music do you listen to and what are some of your favorite TV series?
Mostly Metal. Metallica, In Flames, and Slipknot are in fairly equal rotation for music. I'm also partial to the country music of Johnny Cash and Garth Brooks.

Favorite TV series? Battlestar Galactica (re-imagined), M.A.S.H., Family Guy, and Simpsons (up to season 10). I've started to dip a toe into watching 'The Boys.'

As I've gotten older, I've started to get away from watching shows to be honest. I'm more likely to throw on a sporting event than anything scripted or "reality" based.
Jun 12, 2022 3:49 am
How are you feeling about the Oilers? Optimistic? Only a matter of time before they blow it up (again)?

What do you think has been the best game system you've played on GP?
Jun 12, 2022 4:38 am
Phil_Ozzy_Fer says:
How are you feeling about the Oilers? Optimistic? Only a matter of time before they blow it up (again)?

What do you think has been the best game system you've played on GP?
I actually don't cheer for the Oilers. I'm a fan of the Golden Knights. When I moved to Alberta from Saskatchewan, I wasn't a huge hockey fan at all, and when anyone I knew who was an Oilers fan found out this fact, they would take no prisoners whe it came to insulting me. So when I did finally come around on hockey, I started cheering for Vegas since they were brand new, so much so that they hadn't even gone through the expansion draft yet.

Though to be fair, while this season didn't net them a Stanley Cup, the Oilers are going to be a threat for the next few years now that it seems they have their ducks in a row.

As for systems on GP, I've only been here a few months and I've taken to running an Alien RPG game, so with a sample size of one, I'd have to say Alien. LOL!
Jun 12, 2022 5:46 am
1. What is your favorite game and why isn't it Savage Worlds?

2. What is your favorite genre of games?

3. If you were to build a fantasy setting, what would make yours stand out from the crowd?
Jun 12, 2022 7:07 am
Since you're a fellow metal head, would you be interested in a Alestorm-inspired one-shot? What system would you think would be the most appropriate?
Jun 12, 2022 1:14 pm
WhtKnt says:
1. What is your favorite game and why isn't it Savage Worlds?

2. What is your favorite genre of games?

3. If you were to build a fantasy setting, what would make yours stand out from the crowd?
1. I don't know. I haven't really stick to a system for too long to have just one favorite. Haven't tried Savage Worlds since anyone I know who table tops has no interest in it.

2. I'm a fan of Sci-fi. I just have bad luck in that all my RL game groups have been fantasy centric, with those players not wanting any part of Sci-fi.

3. Fantasy has been sort of well covered in many works. I don't know if there is anything I could add to make my own world stand out.
Antiproduct says:
Since you're a fellow metal head, would you be interested in a Alestorm-inspired one-shot? What system would you think would be the most appropriate?
Not familiar Alestorm, but with a quick look at their band photo's, I'd guess and say '7th Sea' would be a good system.
Jun 12, 2022 10:09 pm
Can you share a legend you remember from Saskatchewan (either of the ancient or urban persuasion)?
Jun 12, 2022 10:57 pm
Dr_B says:
Can you share a legend you remember from Saskatchewan (either of the ancient or urban persuasion)?
Easy: St. Louis Ghost Train. Sometime back in the 1940's I think, and old railway track was torn up. Later it was noticed that what looked to be the front lamp on an old steam engine was still visible at night on the path that remained through the trees. This was long before highway #2 was built, and even after the highway was built, where it ran compared to what you could see down the old track way were two different things.

Even Unsolved Mysteries did a piece on it way back.

Anyway, I've personally gone to see it. The light is real. It literally just hangs out in the distance at the end of the path, dimming and increasing in brightness. A buddy and I walked down the old railway path to try and get close to the light, but we never got any closer to it, and the further we walked, the colder it got.
Jun 13, 2022 6:17 am
Awesome, and super spooky. (writes it down in his scenario springboards notebook)
Jun 19, 2022 11:47 pm
What do movies and television get wrong about your job/career?
Is there any reason to take a picture without a person in it?
Who is your favorite actor to play Batman?
Are there any video games that you think recreate the feel of a sport?
Jun 20, 2022 1:31 am
Would you ever play dnd 5e and if so what character would you try to play as first?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.