[SciFi Hack] 7th Sea 2e

Jun 27, 2016 7:59 pm
In a SciFi game—or even a modern one—the focus on combat moves from melee to ranged combat. Instead of coming up with rules for individual weapons (which 7th Sea doesn't care about) I was thinking of modifying the duelists maneuvers to firearms training.

• Slash becomes Aimed Shot: when you spend raises to deal Wounds, deal additional wound equal to your Aim skill
• Parry becomes Duck:Activate immediately after taking Wounds. Reduce Wounds taken by ranks in Athletics (I don't see Aim being of use here)
• Feint becomes Overwatch: Deal one Wound. Each time the target takes wounds this round deal an additional Wound
• Lunge becomes Empty Clip: Spend all your Raises to deal Wounds equal to Raises spent + Aim ranks. This damage cannot be avoided or prevented
• Bash becomes Covering Fire: Deal one Wound. The next time your target deals Wounds, reduce Wounds dealt by your Aim ranks
• Riposte becomes Return Fire: Prevent Wounds equal to your Aim ranks, deal an equal amount of Wounds

Just like duelist training in the book, you can get specific weapon styles. For example, when using a sniper rifle, you are far enough away from the engagement that you can use Return Fire twice per round instead of once. Or when using an automatic weapon, when using Empty Clip you can split the Wounds dealt between two targets.
Thoughts?
OOC:
Pretty much a copy/past from a Reddit thread I started. If you're a Reddit user, feel free to contribute over there if you prefer, as there is currently a convo going on.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.