[CLOSED] - The Call of Cthulhu

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jun 19, 2022 8:35 am
If it's a tiny module, as you say, I'm up for giving CoC another try :)
I've played it once, many years ago. I have to admit, I didn't really have a good time, but that was due to the way the scenario went. I've seen it being played in a few YouTube videos and it looked more fun than my experience.

Is there any room for humor in your games?
Jun 19, 2022 9:19 am
bowlofspinach says:
"Come on kid. Just one tiny little module. All the cool kids are doing it."
If all the kids are doing it then must be ok right?
I’ll add another game now… and regret later 😆
Last edited June 19, 2022 9:20 am
Jun 19, 2022 9:26 am
Also… there will be cats right?

KCC

Jun 19, 2022 9:27 am
Glad to hear it! Added!

@TheGenerator , when you say humor, what kind of thing are you aiming for? Not opposed to the concept, of course. Just curious what you mean.

Edit: Yes, there can be… ‘cats’.
Last edited June 19, 2022 9:28 am
Jun 19, 2022 9:42 am
Just the occasional bad pun, if such an opportunity presents itself. Not trying to make it a comedy, cause that's not very CoC ;)

KCC

Jun 19, 2022 10:28 am
I think we can facilitate that!

Alright, all. Thanks for the expressions of interest! I think we’ve got the crew filled!
Jun 19, 2022 10:36 am
i'm in. if still slot available
Jun 19, 2022 1:35 pm
I have really enjoyed CoC when I have got a game, I would be interested in playing if you end up recruiting :)
Jun 26, 2022 3:55 pm
Hey there!

I've run a CoC adventure on another forum and solo'd a lot of Chaosium 'Alone Against...' but only done one session as a player. I'm really interested in this, I'm not in any other games and if accepted won't commit myself to anything until this scenario ends. I'll await developments and keep my fingers crossed!
Jun 26, 2022 4:04 pm
No wonder you're a bored gamer, only committing to one game at a time 😝
Jun 28, 2022 2:48 pm
bowlofspinach says:
No wonder you're a bored gamer, only committing to one game at a time 😝
Hah, I see where you're coming from! :-)

No, it's just that dealing with two autistic kids my gaming time is limited, and real life intervenes more for me than a lot of gamers. Live play is pretty much out after I had to cancel a long running D&D game I was GM'ing and I don't want to let people down again, so I'm being very cautious about what I commit to.
Jun 28, 2022 2:52 pm
It's a good approach and I was only joking. Play in whatever number of games works best for you
Jun 28, 2022 7:38 pm
let me in if you have room!
wait...
was that me?
or
the voice...
the one in my head
that won't leave me be...
Last edited June 28, 2022 7:40 pm
Jun 28, 2022 11:56 pm
Familiar with the CoC rules through podcasts, but have never played it. Definitely interested in joining a short module to get a feel for it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.