[Recruiting] A Star Once Fallen (Open Legends)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 21, 2022 12:35 am
Half of my players have left, and so I welcome more!
I will accept 4 more players to join this game that uses the Open Legends System.
===

My quick game introduction:

One a dark night, a lone ship full of cargo, adventurers, crew, and desperate passengers have found themselves hit by a sudden and violent storm. As the next day comes, our adventurers found themselves washed up on the same shore together. A cry for help is heard, and our heroes ran into the swampy beach forest to save small lizardmen from hungry Monkey Bats. As the party make their way to the locals' village, the worst the island have to offer is yet to come...
Jun 27, 2022 11:07 am
Bump!

For new players, you will create your character with the Open Legends system:
Link to game rules.

You will start at level 1, 0 XP. The setting is medieval fantasy to maritime age.

If you need help, do throw me questions.
Jul 4, 2022 11:04 am
Bumping this. If there is really no interest, then I'll not push this again. If there is feedback on how I could make this game better, that's welcome too.
Aug 3, 2022 6:14 am
Looks like I want to bump it again.

If you can, would you like to take over a playerless character? If not, you can make a new character from scratch.
Aug 3, 2022 8:17 pm
New to this, but if you are still looking for another player I would be interested! I currently do not have a character but can totally craft one @ the link you sent, just let me know if you're still looking
Aug 3, 2022 8:23 pm
Oh! And forgot to mention in the last message but I am also willing to take over a playerless character (and that might actually make it easier on my new-ness)
Aug 8, 2022 3:03 am
Yup, you can!
Though I need to message the ex-player for their sheet again. In the mean time, I'll let you what we have:

Petalwing, a musician fairy. She have recently been separated from the group from being captured by Monkey Bats, but if you choose her, we can work out you reuniting with them.

Akaela, a human monk. He is with the party.

Rubeus Silverheart, a good natured Dwarf. He is separated from the party from the ship wreck. If you choose him, you can join back the party fairly easily.

===

In the meanwhile, you can look through the rules to have a sense of how it's played.
Last edited August 8, 2022 3:15 am
Aug 9, 2022 1:29 pm
Are you still taking players?
Aug 10, 2022 1:04 am
Hi! Yes, I am still looking for players.
Btw, I have the sheet for Akaela only. Petalwing and the Dwarf are now lost. But if you want to, we can still work out their stats. But yes, Akaela would be easier to start with. Or you can make your own character too
Last edited August 10, 2022 10:50 am
Sep 15, 2022 5:05 am
I'm still open to players. Seems like the game have slowed down considerably.
Sep 21, 2022 12:36 am
I now have 2 or 1 players left. Anyone still wants to join?
Sep 21, 2022 9:41 am
I am interested if it is still up.

Likewise as you prefer I can take an abandonned character or create a new one as it seems best for the story
Sep 22, 2022 3:46 am
Nice! Yeah, I prefer to have previous characters to be taken over. Your options are:

1) Hydref, a druid treant. They are currently with the main party.
2) Akaela, a human monk. They are also with the main party.

Looks like 2 options only to take over. The rest have their sheets unavailable.
Sep 22, 2022 5:00 am
A druid Treant would be great.
Sep 23, 2022 3:07 am
Alright, you will be able to make posts very soon, do read the threads to see what Hydref have done to get a sense of how to RP it/them/him.
Dec 5, 2022 9:54 am
I'm bringing this back up again. Do anyone want to take over characters? Or give me suggestions on how to not lose players.
Dec 5, 2022 10:53 am
I looked through your game and it seems most of your players are gone from the site in general. Several have been inactive for 1-3 months. That isn't something you can control. Another player mentioned they weren't connecting with the system or story, which happens often when trying new systems. I would kick them out of the game though as it makes the game look fuller than it is which could put off people who think the game has too many players. And cancel the invite that hasn't been accepted in 3 months.

Just reading your most recent thread, you have 25 posts over 5 months, which is 5 posts a month. That strikes me as way too slow, and there are 1-2 weeks between posts sometimes. I didn't see anything wrong particularly with your GMing other than really long gaps between posts which kills momentum. Personally, I also wouldn't have chosen a sandbox-style game when introducing a new system, as it leaves lots of room to stall when no one has clear goals or a mission. Taking over existing players also limits the amount of interested players as well. Just my perspective.
Last edited December 5, 2022 10:55 am
Dec 6, 2022 1:35 am
@nezzeraj
I see. Thanks for looking through my game and the feedback. Clearing up slots is better than leaving them to clog up. And your suggestion to avoid sandbox with a new system... I will keep that in mind next time.

I am now also thinking, should I just end it and apologise to the new player left, or try to push on with recruitment?
Last edited December 6, 2022 1:36 am
Dec 6, 2022 6:10 am
That's between you and your player. If I were the GM I would end the game as it is very hard to get an entire new party in a game already in-progress, and its hard to overcome a lack of momentum. But ask your player what they want and go from there.
Dec 6, 2022 6:39 am
Ending it does not necessarily mean the end. If the existing player is interested, you can start a new game with what you have learned. Then new players can come into a fresh world with fresh characters.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.