[Recruiting] AD&D (Old Skool)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

OpenAD&DPublic1 / dayGrezen
Darkshelf Quarry holds more than limestone and granite. Whispered rumours abound that the quarry’s dwarf overseer isn’t what he pretends to be and that he’s involved in unscrupulous dealings with foreign threats. Investigation is the only way to learn the truth, but beware! The quarry is well defended, and danger lurks within its dark tunnels and hidden chambers.

Jun 24, 2022 2:35 am
Setting: AD&D (Old Skool - We spent the money on the books so lets dust them off and take it back to the old days!)

Story Background:
Darkshelf Quarry holds more than limestone and granite. Whispered rumours abound that the quarry’s dwarf overseer isn’t what he pretends to be and that he’s involved in unscrupulous dealings with foreign threats. Investigation is the only way to learn the truth, but beware! The quarry is well defended, and danger lurks within its dark tunnels and hidden chambers.

Tone: Old Skool - We spent the money on the books and travelled miles to meet up with friends and sometimes family to play. We stayed up to all hours of the day and night. We bonded and made real friends. We drank soda and later on were the biggest consumers of energy drinks. We ate junk food. We laughed until our sides ached schemed our way out of all sorts of trouble. We comiserated with empathy when fate played its evil hand and took a much loved character only to get over ourselves and each other as we developed another. Let’s have some fun!

Characters: Pre-Generated only - lets see how good you are!

Visibility: Game will be private.

RPG Rules: AD&D

Special Rule — Relationships create!

Posting Frequency: A minimum of 1 and a maximum of 2 times each weekday, mostly idle on the weekends, just let the group know if you need to be absent some days or weeks. It’s always good to keep the frequency up and moving.

Game Duration: The first adventure will be 3-4 months. After each adventure arc we will check interest in continuing into full blown campaign.

Leadership: This is up for discussion, but I am thinking it’s either democratic (everyone has a say) or you elect a leader and have at it!

Inclusivity: I am looking for players who are tolerant of differences both in and out of game, and who appreciate that their words (however chosen) can impact the wellness of other people. If you have any specific boundaries on what you’d like to experience in the game, please message me privately and we can discuss. We can also discuss in the OOC thread once a game begins. :-)

How to Apply: Comment below! If the game makes it we need to have a great party of 6-8 players. I have allowed for 8. :-)
Last edited June 24, 2022 8:57 pm
Jun 24, 2022 8:49 am
Do you have a pregenerated Cavalier? Or Samurai?
Jun 24, 2022 12:03 pm
Grezen says:
Inclusivity: I am looking for players who are tolerant of differences both in and out of game, and who appreciate that their words (however chosen) can impact the wellness of other people. If you have any specific boundaries on what you’d like to experience in the game, please message me privately and we can discuss. We can also discuss in the OOC thread once a game begins. :-)
I'ma steal this ... :D

Could you possibly provide a list of the available pregens?
Jun 24, 2022 3:18 pm
If you still have a spare place I'd be interested. Read the outline and I am good with everything. I have played the many versions of D&D over the years, but been a little while since I played AD&D.

Be interested in either FREDA or BLODGETT if they are still available. If not am happy to choose another from the list.
Jun 25, 2022 7:09 am
Okay, you've got my interest. I'd love to have a go at PHANSTERN (first choice) or SHAH KU (second choice).
Jun 27, 2022 8:14 pm
Looks like you need a cleric to join the party.
Jun 28, 2022 8:36 am
XOSkel10 says:
YES! Are you keen??
Jun 28, 2022 10:47 am
Grezen says:
XOSkel10 says:
YES! Are you keen??
Karraway hefts the shield onto his arm, it’s battered symbol still able to glint in the firelight. Aye, the goddess and I will come.
Jun 29, 2022 10:25 am
I would join if there is still places left.
Though I have never played that specific version of DnD.
Jun 30, 2022 6:51 am
GeneralET says:
I would join if there is still places left.
Though I have never played that specific version of DnD.
Have invited you to the game!
Jul 3, 2022 7:16 pm
Applied in the latest tavern thread, love to play Dread Dalgoth! Cool name too...
Jul 4, 2022 6:51 am
dominion451 says:
Applied in the latest tavern thread, love to play Dread Dalgoth! Cool name too...
Have invited you in to the game and PMed you!
Jul 6, 2022 3:27 am
THANKS HEAPS GUYS! WE ARE NOW FULL!
Jul 10, 2022 6:31 am
Lemme know if a spot opens. :)
Jul 10, 2022 9:36 am
Lazzdar says:
Lemme know if a spot opens. :)
Will do!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.