Let's build Community Races: Goblin

Jun 30, 2016 12:15 am
I posted this in another section and thought You know what? Why not build races together as a community?

I'm building half races for my world. This would be different player races mixed together. For example, this goblin template is a gnome and a orc.
So since I've already created the groundwork of the goblin with background and description, why don't we together finish building it?

Goblin

Very much seen as a nuisance, goblins, for the most part, are a fairly respectable race. Known for their ability to quickly create different things such as buildings and tools, they are sometimes sought after for quick repairs if materials needed for a full repair. The items tend to be able to be made due until proper repairs are made. Goblins live in a few different areas. Some in swamps, some in caves, and even in deserts.

Many goblin groups are known for working well with other races. For example, in the forest town of Bucksnort, druids and goblins work together to live in harmony. Many goblins are even sought after as diplomats.

Names Goblins have two name, as most folk do. However, they don't necessarily reflect their family lineage. That tends to be dont by a small branding. A goblin’s first name tends to come from a list of their tribes allowable first names. Two living goblins in the same tribe cannot share the same first name. So, when one dies, that name become available again. Male and female goblins have no decernible difference in their first names. Their last name tends to come from either their occupation or first item they ever repaired.
First Names: Wort, Bullart, Scrimsham, Dribbolt, Sibalt, Gillyoat.
Last Names: Axehead, Cartwheel, Leakyroof, Holeypants, Brokenarm, Squeakydoor, Tailor, Smithy, Scribe.

Jun 30, 2016 1:06 am
Goblins already are a race. You could even extrapolate some abilities and bonuses from the Monster Manual.

There is also this Homebrew you could work from.

One I've been meaning to make is actually a half-orcling. It's a mix of a half-Orc and a halfling. So it sort of looks like a tiny half-Orc. Fully grown, from a distance, it would look much like a small Orc child.
Last edited June 30, 2016 1:13 am
Jun 30, 2016 2:00 am
Thats awesome. I aactually made an Excel spreadsheet showing what races mixed with what. Mostly this idea is to create a race of goblins based off of the gnome and orc background, as well as the background information. I think it'd be cool for the community to feed off of each other to create something.
Jun 30, 2016 2:14 am
I like the idea of Community races, even if they already exist!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.