New GM to PbP

Jun 30, 2016 10:50 am
I'm looking to run a game of Star Wars Edge of the Empire and curious as to how dice rolls are incorporated into the PbP style of play. I know there is a dice rolling tool here at the site, but how exactly does it work with the PbP method, if it does?

Also, I'm an experienced GM offline, but I would greatly appreciate any advice on getting started GMing in a PbP environment. If there are a few basic beginning steps to follow that get me to playing the game, I'd love to have some direction.
Jun 30, 2016 11:13 am
For SWFFG, as a dice pool usually requires knowing the difficulty, players will often state their intended action, and the GM will tell them the difficulty dice to use. When you go to make a post, under "Advanced", there is a section for adding dice rolls. You'd select the right dice type, enter their values, and select their "Visibility", which can hide certain parts of a roll (from any non-GM); it defaults to show all. Then the roll is integrated into the post.
Jun 30, 2016 12:12 pm
Thanks Keleth for getting back to me so quickly.
Jun 30, 2016 12:30 pm
If you haven't already I'd recommend reading through some of the game forums to see how the games are being run. I've picked up a few useful tips/tricks that I've "borrowed" for my own use doing that.
Jun 30, 2016 12:35 pm
One of my games is public, feel free to browse.
Jun 30, 2016 3:25 pm
if you check out flug's game, be sure to follow the character Tisha Metro, easily the most interesting one in the game
Jun 30, 2016 4:19 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
if you check out flug's game, be sure to follow the character Tisha Metro, easily the most interesting one in the game
Dalla is the most interesting. Assassin. Sniper. Stim Addict. Friend to Dralls. Tisha's a washed up actress. Her future is headed towards being a barista.
Jun 30, 2016 4:22 pm
Dalla's just jealous because she's lost the only man who ever loved her and Tisha doesn't get shot at
Jun 30, 2016 4:27 pm
Damned, I think I need to read that....
Jun 30, 2016 4:41 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
Dalla's just jealous because she's lost the only man who ever loved her and Tisha doesn't get shot at
I haven't lost him. I could get him back if I wanted to. Just cause he is screwing his partner's sister doesn't mean he is lost.

*crazy eyes*
Jun 30, 2016 5:09 pm
Nice everyone. Sounds like some intergalactic soap opera action.
Jun 30, 2016 5:10 pm
fluglichkeiten says:
One of my games is public, feel free to browse.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.