Note pad?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 10, 2015 1:55 am
I would really like to see a note pad tool. Something that we as GMs can use to write up and preview our notes, save as drafts, or minimize on the screen (left, right or bottom) so that we can go back to our games and review actions.

Make sense?
Feb 10, 2015 3:06 am
There are existing tools that exist to do this job. I use Google Docs to write drafts and keep track of campaigns (whether its as a PC or a GM). GD has lots of built in functionality for sharing as well.
Feb 10, 2015 3:17 am
Notes is something I have planned, ish, as I figure out my database and other code more. I just figured there are more important features I should get up, since there are other viable options. You can do google docs, you can add a game subforum that only you have access to, etc. I do plan on adding a quick notes thing, but it won't be up for a while.
Feb 10, 2015 3:24 am
While Google Docs is nice I'm not a Google advocate.

I've used TiddlyWiki for this from time to time. It's a very well established single-file, in-browser wiki. For synchronization it's easy enough to use Dropbox. If you want something hosted, there's a site for that too (search for TiddlySpot on the front page of that URL). If you're more power-user than that there's a Node.js site you can run to make it fully self-hosted and automatic for saving.

You could also use Evernote, or an open source alternative like Paperwork if you're willing to host it yourself.
Feb 10, 2015 3:39 am
All of the other tools aside it would be kind of cool to have this site become a "one stop shop" though. Of course as a software geek I know how time consuming all of these little "nice to haves" can become - still doesn't stop me from wanting them (especially when I'm not the one doing the work). :-)
Last edited February 10, 2015 3:39 am
Feb 10, 2015 3:44 am
No... drop everything you are doing and get this one in there now. I am joking, of course. I use notepad, or google to do it mostly, especially to track things or draft a combat round. I figured a notepad on here would be nice as it would use the same editor. It's a feature request, not a bug. Put it on my wish list.

Oh, and in case I did not say it, Keleth, you are doing a great job.... very responsive.
Feb 10, 2015 3:45 am
Actually, when it comes to small things or stuff I can figure out the code for in an hour, I usually do drop what I'm doing and put it in there :D
Feb 10, 2015 8:00 am
I like to use a pad of paper next to my computer.. i guess i'm rather archaic though
Feb 10, 2015 11:23 am
...pad of paper...what is that?
Feb 10, 2015 3:05 pm
ExperienceLtd says:
I like to use a pad of paper next to my computer.. i guess i'm rather archaic though
Pad of Paper? Who makes that app? Is it still in beta? I've not heard of it :p
Feb 10, 2015 4:47 pm
EldritchFire says:
ExperienceLtd says:
It's out, but only available on the C-64 and TRS-80.
Feb 10, 2015 10:52 pm
I find that the generic Notepad or Wordpad program on most computers works nicely for this.
Feb 12, 2015 9:55 pm
d20dad says:
I find that the generic Notepad or Wordpad program on most computers works nicely for this.
Don't mind those, if I am not on a mobile like my iPad. ;)
Feb 13, 2015 3:07 am
grandmaster says:
d20dad says:
Don't mind those, if I am not on a mobile like my iPad. ;)
Yeah, that would be inconvenient
Feb 27, 2015 10:24 pm
EldritchFire says:
ExperienceLtd says:
LOL!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.