[Player Wanted] PF 1e Curse of the Crimson Throne

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 10, 2022 9:41 pm
I am once again looking for one player to fill in a spot in an ongoing game of the Curse of the Crimson Throne adventure path for first edition Pathfinder.

The game started in October of 2018 and the posting rate has settled down to one every few days or at worst, one post per week unless I have some real life thing holding me back for a bit. We have completed the first book and are somewhere before the middle of book 2. Characters just hit level 6.

Although it's not one of those campaigns where the starting characters are crucial to have around until the end of the plot, consistency is still a very important aspect. This is an urban game taking place in the city of Korvosa, which by the way is currently on lockdown; PCs have established relationships with key NPCs, there's politics and plots going on and a lot of stuff is recurring, harkening back to past things or foreshadowing future stuff. It's just not possible by this point to have a revolving cast of PCs coming and going

Therefore

I am imposing two prerequisite conditions for people joining :
1) You cannot create your own character. Instead, you'll have to pick one of the 3 existing PCs (whose players have left the game) who have been around for a while, who have connections to the world and to other PCs. Those are a male half orc half Shoanti paladin of Torag, a female human ranger/archer who didn't get accepted into the Sable Company and a human Divine Hunter/Roof Runner Ranger with a large ape he rescued from a travelling circus as his companion. You'll get an insight into their personalities as you read how they've carried themselves till now, which leads me to...
2) You must read all the previous narrative game threads so far and get up to speed so you'll have a frame of reference, know what has happened, who you might reach out from your contacts or why person X getting mentioned is important.

Obviously, @chunky04 @frizzol and @SurferOfSaragar are welcome to rejoin and regain control of their characters if they want to.

If you are interested in this game, don't mind running someone else's character instead of one you made from scratch, if you are willing to read all the past stuff and commit to the game long term, let me know either by posting here or via PM.
Jul 11, 2022 1:42 am
As one of the players in this game, I'll add that the three available characters offer a nice variety of play-styles and that the game so far has been a blast. If you like urban settings with lots of opportunity for social skill use and RP, this is a great game to join. And it goes without saying, DarK_RaideR is a great GM and does wonders with bringing NPC's to life.
Jul 11, 2022 2:16 am
I would be interested in playing either the Paladin or the ranger. 1st choice would definitely be the Paladin for PF1e.

I’ve got no problem playing catch up with reading through the logs to find out the story so far and personality of the character.
Jul 11, 2022 6:14 am
I should mention (thanks C1NDER for reminding me) that all three available characters have not been upgraded to level 6. Specifically, the paladin and ranger/archer are level 4, while the Divine Hunter/Roof Runner ranger is level 5. Players joining will have a degree of customization available, as they will be allowed to raise their character to level 6 as they see fit.
Jul 11, 2022 8:08 am
I would love to play the Ranger/Archer!
Jul 11, 2022 3:47 pm
I would be interested in playing. Have no preference on either of the characters so could take the one no one wanted.

Approximately how much time would we have to go through the previous posts? This week is going to be busy for me, but should have lots of time over the weekend / next week to get caught up.
Jul 11, 2022 7:17 pm
neoanomally says:
Approximately how much time would we have to go through the previous posts?
Right now we're at a downtime of sorts and I'm expecting some time to go by while this recruitment ad runs its course, then whoever gets picked levells up their character of choice. Not setting a hard time limit and you won't be thrust into the midst of it right from the start, but I fully expect the new player to catch up as soon as they can.
Jul 12, 2022 2:09 am
DarK_RaideR says:
Not setting a hard time limit and you won't be thrust into the midst of it right from the start, but I fully expect the new player to catch up as soon as they can.
Makes sense and sounds good! I was just gauging how aggressive, but makes sense. More than happy to go through the back catalog if I'm selected. Cheers.
Jul 15, 2022 7:39 am
Bumping this up to draw some more attention. I'm assuming you're all still interested @Thalanthalas @neoanomally @Grezen ?
Jul 25, 2022 9:12 am
Yep! I'm still interested!
Jul 30, 2022 9:47 pm
I don't know how I missed this given i've been checking most days, but was on vacation when it got posted so may have missed it then.. I'm still interested.
Aug 2, 2022 11:33 pm
Hi, all I know I'm late to the party, but if you're still accepting characters, I'm interested in joining the game.
Aug 3, 2022 8:51 pm
The invitation is still open and with August being slow, if not a de facto break due to holidays, I'll keep this open until the first few days of September.
Aug 14, 2022 12:13 am
Are you still looking for someone to play the Divine Hunter? I'd be interested if you were still looking.
Aug 14, 2022 2:05 pm
I'm thinking I'll give out all three available characters to 3 people who will join, in order to maximize participants and minimize the risk of people dropping out to leave a very small active party. That said, I'm still about to go out on holiday and resume the game early September, but I might as well recruit people now and use this time period for them to catch up and level up their respective characters.

@Thalanthalas @neoanomally @Grezen @nepets @Masq

First three of you to respond here will join the game. Characters are handed out on a first come first serve basis, so the earlier you respond, the more options you have to pick from. If anyone joins but doesn't like any of the available characters, runner-ups will be called up to replace them.
Aug 14, 2022 11:04 pm
Hi All,
I'm still interested in the game. The ranger roof runner would be my first choice, but I'm flexible and would be willing to take any of the three characters.
Aug 15, 2022 1:42 am
I'm keen to join, and am happy to play any of the three characters.
Aug 15, 2022 7:10 am
You two should have received an invite, let me know if you haven't. One spot remaining.
Aug 18, 2022 7:53 am
If you're open to a new character I have one that can literally just fall out of the sky into the party which makes introductions easy.

I think I've pitched this to you before.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.