(recruitment) 40k Wrath and Glory

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 12, 2022 5:00 am
I am in the mood to run some Warhammer 40k wrath and glory (Cubicle 7). I am adapting the Fantasy flight Dark Heresy campaign "The Apostasy gambit" so the material we will be covering is a fairly linear canned adventure. That said I have intentions to flesh the scenario out into a more narrative game.

I am looking for 1-4 players who are interested in the story of the game as opposed to system breaking "God-modding". I really enjoy exposition and player agency and I am not a fan of one line posts, so if a paragraph or two per post with at least 3 posts a week is too much please take a pass. The scenario is Investigation heavy and combat is light to medium. I will try to modify on the fly based on what the players seem to be leaning toward.

I want the players to have open discussion during creation so you need not have a character in mind at the start.

The premise is going to be of a typical inquisitorial flair. Either one or all of the players is an inquisitor or are working for an inquisitor. We will be starting at tier 3 We don't necessarily HAVE to be imperium but CHAOS is out.

Warhammer 40k is ADULT due to violence and mature themes but on that note, I do have a line. Slaanesh is a thing but so is consent, "Nuff Said."

people new to 40k are welcome. I don't mind adding explanations to posts to build lore knowledge.

I don't know how long this will last so I can't set a time frame but at the moment I am committed for a long haul game.

TO APPLY as long as everything previous sounds good, you are chill and want to craft an interesting narrative welcome, I will take on first come first served up to 4 players.

Thank you for your time.
Last edited July 12, 2022 5:04 am
Jul 12, 2022 6:20 am
I hope you make this an open game - would love to read along. I dont know 40k sadly, and Im more into playing fantasy - but Im very curious. Wish you all the best with this game :)
Jul 12, 2022 9:12 am
I have just started reading Wrath and Glory core rulebook and plan to play it online. I would however like to try playing it PBP here as well, because I like that in PBP when I lack some lore or rules knowledge I could take my time to close the gap before act.

Not sure if you want to recruit me nevertheless because 1) I am not native English speaker 2) I am inquisitive by nature. Conclusion: will be asking ton of questions and my game post exposition will be of low quality.
Here are my first questions:

1) I found "Inquisitor" archetype associated with tier 4 in the rulebook. When you suggest that one player is tier 3 inquisitor, do you mean a downgraded archetype or something else?
2) How much lore knowledge of WH universe and Wrath of Glory setting you would expect players to have? For example - should a player be aware of things like: Gilead System; Great Rift; Jakel Varonius’s perilous journey,... or would you provide the details players need to know within game thread?
Jul 12, 2022 10:30 am
It's been a while since I played any 40K. I'm a huge fan of the universe, and read a lot of the novels that came out in the early 2000s. I'm not familiar with the system at all. I'd love to play if you'll have me.
Jul 12, 2022 12:50 pm
Love the premise, GM. I’m very much into Warhammer - everything from plastic crack to role-playing and the Black Library. I have run a small Wrath & Glory campaign for my group and we enjoyed it very much; I’d love to see the game from the other side of the GM screen.
Jul 12, 2022 12:54 pm
… p.s. the Inquisition is my favourite Warhammer ‘faction’. Apart from Space Wolves, my tabletop armies are all connected to the inquisition - Deathwatch, Adepta Sororitas, and Grey Knights (I’m obsessed with Malcador LOL)
Jul 12, 2022 2:56 pm
BechDK says:
I hope you make this an open game - would love to read along. I dont know 40k sadly, and Im more into playing fantasy - but Im very curious. Wish you all the best with this game :)
Thank you, I have no issue with it being an open game if all the players agree.
GreyWord says:
I have just started reading Wrath and Glory core rulebook and plan to play it online. I would however like to try playing it PBP here as well, because I like that in PBP when I lack some lore or rules knowledge I could take my time to close the gap before act.

Not sure if you want to recruit me nevertheless because 1) I am not native English speaker 2) I am inquisitive by nature. Conclusion: will be asking ton of questions and my game post exposition will be of low quality.
Here are my first questions:

1) I found "Inquisitor" archetype associated with tier 4 in the rulebook. When you suggest that one player is tier 3 inquisitor, do you mean a downgraded archetype or something else?
2) How much lore knowledge of WH universe and Wrath of Glory setting you would expect players to have? For example - should a player be aware of things like: Gilead System; Great Rift; Jakel Varonius’s perilous journey,... or would you provide the details players need to know within game thread?
1) I view archetypes as guidelines, they help give a sense of where a character came from and how they came to know what they know. I don't view them like a D&D class as set in stone. So if you for instance wanted to play as an "Inquisitor" you could use the 'Inquisitorial Acolyte" or "Inquisitorial sage" maybe The "Interrogator" or 'Lexmechanic" if you have access to Forsaken System players guide. But you may also have come to the inquisition through the Asta Militarum and so you could pick "Tempestus Scion" or perhaps you were transferred from the Adeptus Ministorum and chose "Crusader" regardless what your archetype, you would be considered an "Inquisitor" if that is what you wanted.

2) I "try" to make my post descriptions "user friendly" and give all relevant information up front. I am very open to discussing lore. A basic understanding of 40k is helpful but a Remembrancer's knowledge is not required to play. I don't mind answering questions as we go and I like to promote OOC talks between players.
JoshuaMabry says:
It's been a while since I played any 40K. I'm a huge fan of the universe, and read a lot of the novels that came out in the early 2000s. I'm not familiar with the system at all. I'd love to play if you'll have me.
Awesome I have some resources that can help you learn the system quick and a great online character generator. I like an easy life.
therecusant says:
… p.s. the Inquisition is my favourite Warhammer ‘faction’. Apart from Space Wolves, my tabletop armies are all connected to the inquisition - Deathwatch, Adepta Sororitas, and Grey Knights (I’m obsessed with Malcador LOL)
Awesome, I once stated a Deathwatch army but have since traded it "for the greater good". My pew pew game is strong now.

I will send out invites.
Last edited July 12, 2022 2:57 pm
Jul 12, 2022 3:50 pm
Is there another spot? I'm a huge 40k fan. Read dozens and dozens of the novels. :)

Not familiar with the system though.
Jul 12, 2022 5:49 pm
Khulod says:
Is there another spot? I'm a huge 40k fan. Read dozens and dozens of the novels. :)

Not familiar with the system though.
Yup will send invite.

AND THAT MAKES 4.

Thanks all.
Jul 13, 2022 5:39 am
Dang it missed it. Love 40k....
Last edited July 13, 2022 5:57 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.