Mythender [Recruitment]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedMythenderPrivate1 / daynezzeraj
Kick gods in the face!

Jul 12, 2022 2:44 pm
Just doing an interest check for Mythender. I was waiting for the character sheet coding to finally get advanced enough to run this and it has now reached the point! Mythender is basically God of War the rpg. You play demi-gods on a quest to slay gods. Here's the short blurb from the game:

Mythender is a roleplaying adventure game about stabbing gods in the face and sundering every mythic being until there’s none left. It’s a game about power and temptation, as you are constantly in danger of being the very gods you’re Ending–and when that happens, your friends will End you.

Why should you try Mythender? Here are some points:
* The game is free
* The game is short, each combat is limited to 6 rounds. If you don't kill the god by then, the god wins.
* Combat is completely narrative. There is no attack roll, AC, dodging or missing. Every time you attack, you hit.
* Combat is risk/reward. The more power you draw on, the closer you get to becoming corrupted and turning into a god yourself (i.e. Game Over, Man!)
* There is no initiative. Gods go, then players go in any order. Perfect for PbP.

This will be a game for new players. The game has a hard limit of 4 players not including GM. The genre/mythology will be decided further down the line, but probably not Norse/Greek as those are already common. Looking to start the game the last week of July and should last less than a month, maybe even 2 or 3 weeks. If you are interested leave a comment!
Last edited July 25, 2022 6:01 am
Jul 12, 2022 3:29 pm
Sounds interesting! I'd be down to play if you'd have me! :)
Jul 12, 2022 5:01 pm
I'd be interested!
Jul 12, 2022 6:02 pm
This sounds kind of interesting, though not my usual style of game. I'd be up to join, but if you get more people than you need, please take someone else over me
Jul 12, 2022 7:04 pm
I’d be interested for sure.
Jul 14, 2022 12:41 am
Nice! Does anyone have a preference for what kind of mythology/pantheon they'd be interested in exploring? It could be a fictional one as well as long as everyone is familiar with it.
Jul 14, 2022 12:51 am
nezzeraj says:
Nice! Does anyone have a preference for what kind of mythology/pantheon they'd be interested in exploring? It could be a fictional one as well as long as everyone is familiar with it.
I personally have no preference.
Jul 14, 2022 2:07 am
How about a cyberpunk/futuristic world ruled by Egyptian deities?
Jul 14, 2022 2:48 am
I think either Norse, Greek, or Egyptian sound great! I think it would be fun doing Greek. It would be almost be like an R-Rated Percy Jackson-esque story. Or maybe more-so like Clash of the Titans.
Jul 14, 2022 3:27 am
HeavyDuty03 says:
I think either Norse, Greek, or Egyptian sound great! I think it would be fun doing Greek. It would be almost be like an R-Rated Percy Jackson-esque story. Or maybe more-so like Clash of the Titans.
nezzeraj says:

The genre/mythology will be decided further down the line, but probably not Norse/Greek as those are already common.
Jul 14, 2022 4:26 am
I don't know much about any mythologies aside from the boring ones everyone knows 😄

But Aztec gods might also be interesting. Egyptian also works for me.
Jul 14, 2022 10:56 am
Egyptian or Aztec sound pretty interesting!
Jul 25, 2022 6:02 am
Looking for one more player.
Jul 27, 2022 10:51 am
If you still need someone, I'm interested :)
Jul 27, 2022 11:14 am
TheGenerator says:
If you still need someone, I'm interested :)
I do, and welcome aboard!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.