[Recruiting] [D&D 5e] Kradarmorket

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPrivate1 / dayAdventurer_Slayer
You are natives of the continent of Kradarmorket; the birthplace of dragonkind. You have received a summons by way of a telepathic message requesting your presence at a wizard's tower in the Desert of Adriok. The wizard, named Vergil, gave you the location of his tower as well as a brief mention of some type of treasure hunting job. The game begins with you all arriving at Vergil's tower to take up his job and discuss the details of the work.

Jul 13, 2022 5:51 am
Adventure Outline
You are natives of the continent of Kradarmorket; the birthplace of dragonkind. You have received a summons by way of a telepathic message requesting your presence at a wizard's tower in the Desert of Adriok. The wizard, named Vergil, gave you the location of his tower as well as a brief mention of some type of treasure hunting job. The game begins with you all arriving at Vergil's tower to take up his job and discuss the details of the work.

Game Info
This will be a longer campaign, so I would rather have people who can try to stay committed - though I do understand that sometimes people forget or life happens. Initially, the game will start with some roleplay and a dungeon before leading into a more sandboxy environment allowing you all to explore the continent and interact with it as you please. However, there will be villains and quests thrown in here and there to give some direction beyond just hitting character goals.

Character Creation/Restrictions
LEVEL: 3rd Level Characters

CLASS: No restrictions

RACE: For lore reasons, there are some restrictions on what races can be played. The main races allowed are dragonborn, kobolds, and lizardfolk. Changelings will fit in fine. Tieflings, genasi, and aasimar can be played but must have the base appearance of one of the main races (Ex. an earth genasi lizardfolk, an aasimar dragonborn, a tiefling kobold, etc). Also of note, there are more types of dragonborn available for play that I have either homebrewed myself or otherwise found. To keep this section brief I will post the expanded list in the game for viewing.

HOMEBREW: Beyond the homebrew races that I offer, everything else must be run by me before use to ensure that it is both balanced and doesn't break the established world lore.

EXTRA: All characters start with a feat. The lore is developed on a mostly macro scale as of now so feel free to make up some people, places, and things with backstories.

Applications
To apply, either post on here, DM me, or both!

The game will be 'first-come, first-served' for applications but with the caveat that people with a Discord account and a solid character concept will get priority.
Jul 13, 2022 6:19 am
Hi! I like the sound of a long campaign, and I'm on Discord. :)

I'm thinking of a Changeling aberrant mind sorcerer: an infiltrator who mentally steals the secrets of those he walks among in assumed guises. Vergil is probably one of his few trusted contacts or a very satisfied customer who knows my guy gets jobs done quickly and quietly.
Jul 13, 2022 6:21 am
Maxwell is a dragonborn who aspired to become a paladin. He always dreamed of being the noble warrior with the wind in his billowing cloak and all that. While he dreamt of being a hero he tinkered with gem technology.

He tried to join selveral paladin orders but each time there was something that did'nt work. The god won't hear his oath. So he crafted his own armor, infused his cloak to billow at command and made himself a paladin
OOC:
Maxwell is an armoror artificer, pretending to be a paladin, living up to the ideals and tenets and whatnot - but where the holy magic is lacking, he makes due with technology.
OOC:
An I'm on discord aswell
Last edited July 13, 2022 6:21 am
Jul 13, 2022 6:30 am
Ooh I like the concept of an all dragon esque party. I have a couple of concepts -

A Dragonborn paladin of the ancients, who is a mercenary full of life, spending the day doing jobs and taking out bandits, and the night drinking and celebrating with others. I will let Rune veto this one if they would rather not have an actual paladin in the party (Though could lead to some fun interactions)

Vreska, a kobold draconic sorcerer. Comes from a failing clan after their ruling dragon was killed. Believes she has the power and ability to lead her clan and let them prosper. None in her clan will listen however as she comes from a family of tricksters and or family did something bad in the past. Is travelling to gain power and strength to prove herself to her clan.
Edit: Just spied Annex mentioned their concept was a sorc, but I can see a similar concept as a fey warlock, plus may get more looking at these dragon born varients

I do have discord already
Last edited July 13, 2022 7:57 am
Jul 13, 2022 6:35 am
Kobolds, and lizardfolk - are they based on latest "Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse" or the legacy ones as described in Volo's Guide to Monsters. i.e. are Kobolds sunlight sensitive?
Jul 13, 2022 6:54 am
This isn't really my type of game, and it looks like you have plenty of interest already, but I love the idea of playing a draconic-base tiefling. Would be pretty fun and definitely my choice if I were to join
Jul 13, 2022 7:00 am
bowlofspinach says:
This isn't really my type of game, and it looks like you have plenty of interest already, but I love the idea of playing a draconic-base tiefling. Would be pretty fun and definitely my choice if I were to join
1: I would actually like to play with bowlofspinach :D
2: a draconic-base tiefling sounds like an awesome concept, that I would be tempted to steal be inspired by for my character should bowl not be join us
Jul 13, 2022 11:33 am
I would like to apply, if you have still have space.

What are the homebrew races? @Adventurer_Slayer

The current concept:

A lizardfolk monk named Dot. She believes that the right way towards personal growth is trough consumption of different food. Unfortunately most of the tasty things cost money... And as far as Dot knows treasure can be exchanged for money...
Last edited July 13, 2022 12:43 pm
Jul 13, 2022 11:41 am
Quote:
2: a draconic-base tiefling sounds like an awesome concept, that I would be tempted to steal be inspired by for my character should bowl not be join us
It's yours to steal 😁
Jul 13, 2022 3:58 pm
I toss my hat in for this. Kradarmorket; the birthplace of dragonkind sounds rather interestsing. Wonder about the races?
Jul 13, 2022 5:07 pm
I would love to play here, too.
Jul 13, 2022 5:30 pm
Wow. I'm so late to this party, but I love the concept. I do have a Discird account. Are you allowing the kobold options from Monsters of the Multiverse?

I would go Kobold rogue swashbuckler. A hyper chatterbox who never stays still in combat (or out of combat for that matter). He'd be sometimes annoying, but always loyal. Away from his kobold clan, he'd see the party as found family - stick together or die alone and whatnot.
Jul 13, 2022 5:42 pm
Oh wow! I went to bed and just now have gotten time to go online. Definitely didn't expect this much interest! I'll quickly address a few things here and get to messaging the people who've applied.
Quote:
Kobolds, and lizardfolk - are they based on latest "Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse" or the legacy ones as described in Volo's Guide to Monsters. i.e. are Kobolds sunlight sensitive?
I use the legacy versions in my games since that's both what I have the books for and prefer.
Quote:
What are the homebrew races?
Oh boy, there's a few but it's mostly dragonborn. The dragonborn variants include additional gem dragon lineages as well as options for the 'lost' chromatic dragons (brown, gray, orange, purple, and yellow). I believe that I've also got some other weird ones like faerie dragonborn, dragon turtle dragonborn, and a wyvern dragonborn, as well as others I'm probably just forgetting as of right now. In terms of completely new race options, I can't say that there are many. Half-dragons would be an option. But there isn't really anything beyond the 'dragony' races as this continent is sort of hidden away from the rest of the world. I'll have a complete list made up once I access all of my homebrew and post it into the game (as well as here if I'm still looking for players).

Thank you all for your interest! Once again, I'm going to first follow up with the people who've already posted, but feel free to ask questions and let me know if you're also interested!
Jul 13, 2022 5:48 pm
Followup question: since the legacy kobold has sunlight sensitivity, can I ask how much focus the campaign will have on outdoor adventuring?
Jul 13, 2022 6:08 pm
Quote:
can I ask how much focus the campaign will have on outdoor adventuring?
Unfortunately, I cannot give an exact amount. Hopefully, I am able to provide a decent idea though. The game's start is a dungeon crawl with maybe an outdoor encounter or two. After that, it all depends on what the players want to do. I can say that there would likely be a lot of travel as the continent is quite large (being home to dragons and all) and accomplishing goals may require long treks into the wilderness to get from point A to point B. However, I do offer a feat that can remove sunlight sensitivity, and I am also not against the idea of a personal quest to get some sort of 'cure' for sunlight sensitivity either (be it a magic item, a magic ritual, or a literal cure of some type). There is also an 'underdark' region as well so questing down there is an option I suppose.
Last edited July 13, 2022 6:09 pm
Jul 13, 2022 7:16 pm
Alright, once again thank you all for your interest. The game has now been filled. If anyone decides to drop it I'll be sure to come back and either message people or post again!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.