3DS discussion: friend codes, game suggestions

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 3, 2016 9:17 pm
I've been feeling really guilty lately. I bought a brand new 3DS after I lost my last job to keep me sane and entertained while I looked for new work. well, now I'm working and I haven't touched my 3DS in months. anyone have any friend codes they'd like to share? maybe that will encourage me to pick it up more often and finish fire emblem or bravely default. Anyone have any good recommendations for 3DS games? I'm mostly a fan of RPGs and more casual games. If you PM me your friend code I'll send you mine.
Jul 3, 2016 11:12 pm
Mine is 3067-5198-1173! I think my name on there is "Asmo".

If you haven't played Shovel Knight, I'd take a look. That's a damn good game. I haven't played the Mario and Luigi RPGs, but apparently Bowser's Inside Story, Dream Team, and Paper Jam are pretty good. I love Ocarina and Majora's Mask 3D but that's fairly obvious. Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is also fantastic. I also love the Phoenix Wright games, but those require a particular taste. :)

A recommendation that I haven't played yet but I know that a friend of mine loves is Crimson Shroud, a download only game that actually has a D&D theme running throughout. I definitely need to get it to playing it eventually.
Jul 4, 2016 1:56 am
I second Crimson Shroud as a game recommendation. Seriously, no other RPG video game is able to boil down a RPG into the pure basics, like Crimson Shroud can. Very niche audience though, not many people, outside of Table Top Roleplayers would get a kick out of cutscenes featuring just miniatures in an area with overlayed text acting as the "Game Master". It is truly a wonderful game. A must have. http://level5ia.com/blackbox/us/crimson-shroud/

I also recommend "The World Ends With You", it is an original DS game, but is well worth it. An amazing RPG that has a storyline that rivals FF Tactics. It centers around a group of kids who "die" and end up playing this game, in which the winner is resurrected. The game is set in the middle of Tokyo, but nobody living can see them. So much extras and side stories that you can only get from a Square game. https://www.amazon.com/World-Ends-You-Nintendo-DS/dp/B00136MBHA

Besides those, I would really recommend Dragon Quest VIII and VII, they haven't been released yet, but they are really good classics that will be worth getting once they do. :)
Last edited July 4, 2016 1:56 am
Jul 4, 2016 5:36 am
might as well put my code here. 0147-2480-1170
Jul 4, 2016 3:25 pm
I'm a big Monster Hunter fan, and the new game is coming out in a week (!) - there's a demo on the DS store now you could try (Monster Hunter Generations). Not sure if action-RPG only-boss-fighting is your style of game, but if it is, Monster Hunter is a blast (both solo, and online co-op).
Jul 4, 2016 4:39 pm
Candi says:
I'm a big Monster Hunter fan, and the new game is coming out in a week (!) - there's a demo on the DS store now you could try (Monster Hunter Generations). Not sure if action-RPG only-boss-fighting is your style of game, but if it is, Monster Hunter is a blast (both solo, and online co-op).
I second Monster Hunter! However, if you are a more casual gamer, I would recommend Final fantasy Explorers. It is very close to Monster Hunter, but is way easier and more casual. I just got it and it hasn't been bad (though it may be a tad bit too easy for somebody coming from Monster Hunter). At the very least it could be a good introduction into the "genre".
Jul 16, 2016 1:55 am
I understand what you mean about feeling guilty for leaving your game system alone. I bought a 2DS last year specifically to play Pokemon. My roommate has X so I got Y. It came with Mario Kart 7 and that's fun. We got Final Fantasy Explorers which didn't last very long.
I've heard Bravely Default is good. They made a sequel, Bravely Second. If you're a fan of the Legend of Zelda games, there are several to choose from I believe. Hope you have fun!
Friend code: 3712-0400-6997
Jul 16, 2016 2:07 am
I have a 3DS! Only have a few games, but still...

Friend Code: 1822-1359-9984
Jul 16, 2016 6:58 am
I have added everyone in this thread. be sure to add me too

You do not have permission to post in this thread.