Interest Check: Journey through Radiant Citadel 5E

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPublic1 / dayCettish
https://i.imgur.com/T8auabS.jpg

This is an anthology series of 13 adventures that will take players from level 1 to level 14 if you play them all.
Journeys through Radiant Citadel quite celebrates diversity, so anyone whoever you are or however you identify yourself is welcome.

My idea is to get together a group of 4-5 people traveling the various worlds in the Prime Material Plane to play these adventures 1 by 1 as long as we're having fun. There isn't an spanning campaign story, but maybe I will think something up :)

In the heart of the Ethereal Plane lies an ancient and mysterious city called the Radiant Citadel. Through tradition, cooperation, and ancestral magic, civilizations are bound to this wondrous site. Journeys through the Radiant Citadel is an anthology of exciting adventures that explore the cultures and myths of these realms.

Jul 26, 2022 10:23 pm
I haven't GMed D&D 5E as PBP yet, but I would love to try it here.

I would like to run the new Journeys through Radiant Citadel.
It is an anthology series of 13 adventures that will take players from level 1 to level 14 if you play them all.

Journeys through Radiant Citadel quite celebrates diversity, so anyone whoever you are or however you identify yourself is welcome.

My idea is to get together a group of 4-5 people traveling the various worlds in the Prime Material Plane to play these adventures 1 by 1 as long as we're having fun. There isn't an spanning campaign story, but maybe I will think something up :)

In the heart of the Ethereal Plane lies an ancient and mysterious city called the Radiant Citadel. Through tradition, cooperation, and ancestral magic, civilizations are bound to this wondrous site. Journeys through the Radiant Citadel is an anthology of exciting adventures that explore the cultures and myths of these realms.

✅ The Game System and Rules Version.
D&D 5E

✅ Adult Content or Controversial Themes.
While the adventures don't have these kinds of themes, I believe that anything can be said and done in RP. So yes, possibly.

✅ Character Restrictions.
The setting consists of travelers from many various locations. Please feel free to make a character from any world you'd like (including a Citadel local), using any published official material except for the limitations below:

No College of Glamour, Sentinel and Silvery Barbs as these reactions just don't work in PBP.
No homebrew.
No Strixhaven Backgrounds.

✅ Game Duration and Post Frequency.
Try to aim for 1/Day, but real life happens.

✅ Specialized Software and Resources.
Not required

✅ Player Experience Requirements
Not required

✅ How to Apply.
Let me know if you'd be interested. If you already have a base idea for a character, please post it here. I like transparancy so I will ignore PMs.
Jul 26, 2022 11:33 pm
I'm interested and have some character ideas floating around but I don't have one defined for submission yet. I'd like to see what others would bring and go from there.
Jul 26, 2022 11:50 pm
What division of the core pillars do you anticipate? (Combat, Exploration, and Social Interaction) Just trying to get a feel for what kind of builds I'm looking at.
Last edited July 27, 2022 12:36 am
Jul 27, 2022 12:01 am
Definitely interested. I have a couple characters that never got time to develope. I will go with Yuan-Ti rogue
Last edited July 27, 2022 2:29 am
Jul 27, 2022 1:30 am
I'm interested. I'm thinking a fighter or a paladin who wants to prove themselves, but finds there are more important ways to do that than kill and beat up things.
Jul 27, 2022 1:45 am
I'm interested. I have never played a play by post dnd game as a player yet but am currently running one as a dm right now. I have played rogue, fighter, bard, and monk so far with Barbarian but am open to trying other classes and have only played from levels 1-5. Have not played this yet but if you have an opening, please let me know. I post daily too. If something comes up where I can't post, I will let you know. I'm thinking of playing a Haregon rabbitfolk way of mercy monk who was abandoned by her mother and left at the steps of a monastery as a baby and is raised by the monks who found and raised her as one of their own and is soon to go on a quest of self discovery to find out who she really is and find the family she never got to have.

Will stats be point buy? Just curious.
Last edited July 27, 2022 1:45 am
Jul 27, 2022 2:54 am
You can count me in too Cettish. I'm interested.
Jul 27, 2022 7:17 pm
Sounds like there are enough people interested. I will set up a game then and invite you all.
RAAMtentacles says:
What division of the core pillars do you anticipate? (Combat, Exploration, and Social Interaction) Just trying to get a feel for what kind of builds I'm looking at.
I think exploration is a big thing in this book. There will be a good deal of combat and I do like to focus on RP... well.... uhm... that was not super useful, was it?
My guess: exploration 40, combat 30, rp 30
Amberthegirlgeekgamer87 says:
Will stats be point buy? Just curious.
I like to go 4D6 drop lowest with point buy as a back up
Jul 27, 2022 9:09 pm
Can you allow custom character sheets? I have been using this lately and prefer then to the default 5e
Last edited July 27, 2022 9:09 pm
Jul 27, 2022 9:10 pm
Psybermagi says:
Can you allow custom character sheets? I have been using this lately and prefer then to the default 5e
Yes for sure!
I love them.

I am busy setting up the game right now.
Jul 27, 2022 11:00 pm
I am very interested in joining a Radiant Citadel game!
Jul 27, 2022 11:31 pm
We filled quite quickly @HeroAmongMen. I can keep you on the spare list though.
Jul 28, 2022 1:16 am
Looks like you are full but I'm interested if you need another downtrend road.
Aug 1, 2022 10:08 pm
Hi Cettish,
I'm interested, but it looks like it filled quickly.
If you have a new adventure in mind, or maybe some NPC suddenly turns to PC (stranger things have happened in D&D) do let me know.
Aug 1, 2022 10:15 pm
Cathamber says:

stranger things have happened in D&D
D&D has also happened in Stranger Things.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Still... looks like we might be getting an open spot already before we even properly started.
Aug 1, 2022 10:57 pm
Cettish says:

D&D has also happened in Stranger Things.
Hahaha
I'm new to GP (although not for RPG), so I wanted to try the PCs Sheets and created two: a Dragonborn Fighter (soldier background) and a Halfling Rogue (entertainer background). Please let me know if any of those work for your setting or should I create a new one.
Last edited August 1, 2022 10:57 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.