Zine Quest 4

Jul 30, 2022 7:54 pm
ZINE QUEST 4

Kickstarter.com has hosted annually a promotion they call Zine Quest. In this promo, they'll actively promote zine* based projects during a short period. This year, that occurs in August 2022, (returning to February for 2023 and future years).
[ +- ] * What is a Zine?
I know Gamers Plane hosts many developers, those who are professional, amateur and hobbyist. Who is participating this year? Tell us about your project, and hopefully we can support each other.

(NOTE: I've got a project too!)
Aug 1, 2022 2:57 pm
Qralloq and I who have played in a bunch of games since I joined over three years ago thought it would be fun to write a zine together for the KS Zine project. It arose from a homebrew I had partially written up about modern-day folks being stranded on an evil island. We wanted there to be a soapy kind of internal drama going on as well as a strong survival aspect and of course, monsters got thrown into the mix. We came up with something and tested it with a few poor souls @Harrigan, @bowlofspinnach, @ KCC, and @Antiproduct.

This is what we came up with after tweaking it following suggestions from the testers.

Kickstarter Link
Aug 1, 2022 3:32 pm
I'm in! Coincidentally my zine also got its start on GP with Qralloq's help, as well as @kalajel, @The_Librarian, @somebox, @Redbarron219, and a handful of other visitors. I developed "Follow Your Heart" as a setting-agnostic system, but we've got some story prompts too. It's been a lot of fun putting everything together!

Kickstarter Link
Aug 1, 2022 6:02 pm
Hey, I remember both of these!
Aug 1, 2022 6:56 pm
Sweet! Good luck with the KSers you three!
Aug 2, 2022 12:17 am
It's a really great system!
Aug 2, 2022 4:40 am
Make sure anyone participating is posting links!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.