Suggestion: Show Public Games by System

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 5, 2016 7:16 pm
Someone in another thread lamented about sifting through numerous public games just to find one for a particular system. The thought struck me that perhaps Show Public Games could be enhanced to select games by system (similar to the Character Library).

By default it would show everything, but a person could filter the results via drop-down or radio button if they were only interested in Rogue Trader or D&D5e games.
Jul 5, 2016 7:18 pm
It makes me wonder if public games belong in a person's forums at all. The idea made sense back when GP had a dozen games, some of which were public, but no longer. Maybe I need to change how you search for games, and have an icon for if a game is public? And then if you find a game you like, you can "follow" it, and it'll show up on your forums?

I can filter by game system, but I can't really sort by that.
Jul 10, 2016 12:50 pm
I think adding filter "Show public games only" would be helpful.
Jul 10, 2016 4:11 pm
Mihey says:
I think adding filter "Show public games only" would be helpful.
Hm, would you mind expanding on that? It's a bit different than most suggestions on the Public Games feature that people have mentioned; I'd like to hear what you'd like that to entail.
Jul 10, 2016 6:31 pm
I am thinking about game list tab(when you want to join new game). Add "show only public games" filter near "active GM's". If there is other way to find public games by system and sorted by activity/creation then this filter unneeded. I have trouble finding public games to learn about play by post format (or specific system).
Jul 10, 2016 6:42 pm
Ah, ok, good idea. I'll bare that in mind as I redesign the system.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.