(Interest Check) Pathfinder 2e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 7, 2022 2:08 am
I'm looking to see if there is interest in a Pathfinder 2e Campaign using pre-generated 1st level characters so we can get started straight away.

[System]
Pathfinder 2e

[Setting]
Something wicked ... and monstrous ... stirs around the rugged Isgeri town of Saringallow, where the hated legacy of noble Chelish diabolists runs deep. With the recent disappearance of several apprentices, the nearby menace of particularly grotesque goblins, and the unsettling rumors about the old Sarini Estate, Mayor Sandra Trinelli knows that she needs help, and she needs it fast! The heroes must confront one of these crises, or all three, if they hope to stem the tide of darkness that looms.

[Rules]
Pathfinder 2e

[Frequency]
At most one to two posts per day, at least one post every other day.

[Duration]
Campaign (starting at 1st level)

[Pre-generated Characters available]
Barbarion, Wizard, Alchemist, Cleric, Bard, Druid, Rogue, Champion, Sorceror, Fighter

[Inclusion]
All people of all walks of life are welcome at my 'table' as long as you follow Wheaton's Law. New players are also welcome.

[Interested?]
If you are interested, please comment! If I get enough interest, I will write up a campaign scenario and post a formal recruiting thread.
Aug 7, 2022 3:51 am
I'm interested! Even if this is just a chance to throw some dice to see how things work.
Aug 7, 2022 5:54 am
Sounds good, I'd also like to see this system in play.
Aug 7, 2022 7:11 am
Well, thats two at least. Just need 3-4 more.
Aug 7, 2022 10:58 am
Would love to play. Have already played a Barbarian from level 1 to 20 in Exctinction Curse, so I don't feel like playing another one in a while, but I'll play any of the other characters.
Aug 7, 2022 11:01 am
That's 3. Just need 2-3 more!
Aug 7, 2022 3:04 pm
Hi Grezen,
I'm new to the system, but I'm happy to try it.
A champion would be nice!
Aug 7, 2022 8:29 pm
I'm relatively new to Pathfinder (playing a campaign IRL as an alchemist at the moment).

I'd like to have a go at the wizard or barbarian.
Aug 7, 2022 9:22 pm
Would you allow the Kineticist Playtest Material?
Aug 7, 2022 9:26 pm
I would love to play. I am somewhat familiar with Pathfinder 2e.
Aug 8, 2022 9:57 am
Jomsviking says:
I don't actually know what the heck that is my friend!
Aug 8, 2022 9:58 am
Right! I shall set up our game! Watch for the Recruitment Thread!
Aug 8, 2022 10:32 am
Sounds Great Grezen!
Aug 8, 2022 8:12 pm
Grezen says:
Jomsviking says:
I don't actually know what the heck that is my friend!
Well it just released today so I don't think anyone does yet!

But if you have seen avatar the Last Airbender it's a lot like that.

If you haven't it's based on the D&D 3.5e warlock

Playtest material found here:

https://paizo.com/pathfinderplaytest
Last edited August 8, 2022 8:31 pm
Aug 8, 2022 9:13 pm
so that's what that is... They should have called it Elementalist or Elemental Monk or something like that or even just plain Warlock

"Kineticist", to me, calls to mind a class that focuses on moving things or people around, possibly with telekinesis and things like that.
Aug 8, 2022 10:18 pm
Carabas says:
so that's what that is... They should have called it Elementalist or Elemental Monk or something like that or even just plain Warlock

"Kineticist", to me, calls to mind a class that focuses on moving things or people around, possibly with telekinesis and things like that.
I think they just went with the definition of Kinetic in Greek. The orientation of energies in an object in motion. In this case it corresponds to an element. Telekinesis is better described as Aetherkinetics with the given example.

Elementalist overlaps with Evoker. Elemental Monk is already a Monk Archetype and a distinctly different class. And Warlock is given to mean some kind of vancian magician with a highly limited practice. And while the Warlock certainly is the Chassis of the Class, the class itself is distinctly more Eastern Philosophy than Western.

That said, they should have called it Meat Wizard, because thats what it is.

Kinesticists in 2e seem to be rather well defined and distinctly different from sorcerers, Monks, and other casters, as a living gate to an elemental plane. Much closer corresponding to Qi than magic. Not a Monks Ki mind you. Monks do Karate. Kineticists do Qigong Psychosis. Monks punch with practiced skill and control, kineticists explode into their target. It's kinda like the difference between body building and power lifting. Monks look cool doing it, Kineticists are solely interested in the results.
Last edited August 8, 2022 10:25 pm
Aug 9, 2022 2:46 am
Heya, was wondering if there was another space open to join.
Aug 9, 2022 7:35 pm
Any room left to play? First time on this platform, just looking to get my feet wet.

Thanks!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.