[IC] FFXIV in 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 10, 2022 3:01 am
So I found some resources for 5e/FFXIV. My non-tabletop special interest is in fact XIV. If I was to run the adventures that I found would there be interest?
Last edited August 10, 2022 3:01 am
Aug 10, 2022 3:34 am
I would highly enjoy playing a Dark Knight
Aug 10, 2022 7:50 am
Omg I'm so torn. I am a FFXIV player too, but don't care much for 5e. Is there a link you can share to look over what the implementation is like?
Aug 10, 2022 8:05 am
Ooo, I love the setting of FFXIV! Would totally be interested - so long as the sessions don't involve constant walking to The Waking Sands!
Aug 10, 2022 8:29 am
I haven't played much FF XIV, but enjoyed it when I played it. Would be interested in this.
Aug 10, 2022 11:09 am
I play XIV casually and am a big fan of 5E, so I'd love to join!

Edit: Is this the resource you mentioned?
https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-LsDqsNbupzeLhkTIcPv
Last edited August 10, 2022 11:10 am
Aug 10, 2022 5:21 pm
Khulod says:
I play XIV casually and am a big fan of 5E, so I'd love to join!

Edit: Is this the resource you mentioned?
https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-LsDqsNbupzeLhkTIcPv
That'll be the one! Imho the classes are on par with one another, and a little tougher than the base classes
Aug 10, 2022 5:24 pm
Yes, I have been skimming through them and I get that impression too. Some feel really flavorful and close to the game's vision.

Personally I'm looking at the Blue Mage should I be able to join. I really love what they've done with it.
Last edited August 10, 2022 5:25 pm
Aug 10, 2022 7:47 pm
I am interested in joining, I don't have a lot of experience with FFXIV but I have played a lot of Final Fantasy over the years, so I should be able to figure it out :)
Aug 11, 2022 12:24 am
For anyone in a similar situation, there is a regular lore doc that gives the broad strokes. Warning that there are some spoilers for sure in here.
Aug 11, 2022 8:20 am
I only just finished Heavensward so I'm still avoiding spoilers. :D
Aug 11, 2022 12:45 pm
Thanks for the lore doc! I will begin reading through it, just in case you decide to run the game :)
Aug 11, 2022 6:18 pm
I have a real time game today, but I'll be deep diving the adventures tomorrow and see if it'll work.
Aug 17, 2022 12:27 am
Took a little longer than usual due to IRL distractions (nothing concerning, I'm good).

So, the 2 main one shots that I've found are both based around ARR dungeons. While this will be fine for folks not familiar with XIV, it might be a little odd for anyone who knows them.

I don't think I'm prepared to run a full prep campaign, but I am willing to run one or both of these for an interested party(s).
Aug 17, 2022 6:56 am
It'll be easy. Just have the tank run from the entrance to the end of the dungeon pulling aggro while the healer chain casts and the dps aoe's. ;)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.