[CLOSED ATM] Deadlands SWADE (2/4 players)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedSavage WorldsPrivate2 / weekDunko
There are folk in the west who know the weird and supernatural are real. Folks who are aware of the ghosts and ghouls haunting the countryside; folks who know about the monsters lurking at the edge of town. After some event in your life, you're one of those folk.

https://i.imgur.com/rFffdzn.png

Buy-In:

Something's happened to you that opened your eyes to the supernatural elements of the wide west. And now that you've seen it you can't ignore it. What's more, you've come to realize a person can make a living at investigating, and sometimes "handling," supernatural events and creatures. And so that's become your vocation. After all, a person's gotta eat, and the cash is good.

And, you've got a crew to roam with--other people "in the know." You don't have to get along with them, but your goal is the same.

https://i.imgur.com/BckvYLq.png

This is an ongoing, sandbox campaign. This would be an RP heavy game. The world belongs to the players and the story they want to tell, and we'll try to make that priority. It's SWADE so of course there will be action, but that'll generally be secondary. I'd say players who are active in the narrative get more out of games I host than those who are active in mechanics.

Aug 16, 2022 8:46 pm
✅ Story & Pitch:

There are folk in the west who know the weird and supernatural are real. Folks who are aware of the ghosts and ghouls haunting the countryside; folks who know about the monsters lurking at the edge of town. After some event in your life, you're one of those folk.

https://i.imgur.com/rFffdzn.png

✅ The Buy-In:

Something's happened to you that opened your eyes to the supernatural elements of the wide west. And now that you've seen it you can't ignore it. What's more, you've come to realize a person can make a living at investigating, and sometimes "handling," supernatural events and creatures. And so that's become your vocation. After all, a person's gotta eat, and the cash is good.

And, you've got a crew to roam with--other people "in the know." You don't have to get along with them, but your goal is the same--make cash (and maybe help folk along the way).

https://i.imgur.com/BckvYLq.png

This is an ongoing, sandbox campaign. This would be an RP heavy game. The world belongs to the players and the story they want to tell, and we work together to make that happen. It's SWADE so of course there will be action, but that'll generally be secondary. Slow pace could be the name of the game. Characters would need to be active in where they want to go, and what they want to do.

Leaning in to the horror at the edge of town aspect.

Will also lean into surviving in the west a bit; won't lean into the meta plot of reckoners and all that.

✅ The Game System and Rules Version:

SWADE, standard rules, but I'm making use of the following Setting Rules from SWADE core book:

(1) Creative Combat
(2) Conviction

Additionally:
(1) Veteran of the Weird West edge is restricted.
(2) Using the Mystic Powers Edge from Savage Pathfinder for the Chi Master--it's a beyond simple conversion, and full details are on the Game page.

✅ Welcome Marginalized Groups:

This game is explicitly friendly to LGBT and any other minorities or marginalized groups.

✅ Adult Content or Controversial Themes:

These are not things I'm planning just things that could crop up:

Swearing, gun violence, drinking and drug use, general graphic TTRPG violence, horror elements of all sorts.

✅ Character Creation:

Characters are created using SWADE core rules + Deadlands: Weird West. Feel free to use the Savage Worlds sheets folks have kindly added to gamersplane.com, or use a custom one.

Characters start with no advances.

✅ Game Duration and Post Frequency:

It'd be cool to get 2 posts per week from participants. As I said, I'm looking for RP heavy so back and forth is a part of that. But I'm in no rush to move quickly thus 2 posts a week is my min ask--I'll post more as needed, as GM.

✅ Specialized Software and Resources:

None.

✅ Player Experience Requirements.

None, really. I think SWADE is a simple system with a pretty well unified resolution mechanic--but in my experience new players can get tripped up on their first couple character creations. I'm more than happy to help any new players get rolling, including making a pre-gen to their specifications.

✅ How to Apply:

I'm looking for 2 players at the moment. If you're interested throw a quick character idea here--something you'd think would be fun for you to RP with. I'll send out invitations to interested parties.
Last edited August 18, 2022 1:57 am
Aug 17, 2022 7:26 am
So I've always had the idea for a gunslinger that has turned good, either being rescued by a priest or something when he was a bad man and protected from some unholy evil. I like the idea of maybe starting off as a gunslinger that is "Blessed" but just beginning to come into their holy roller power. If we got something similar, a former bandit still fits really well.
Aug 17, 2022 7:52 am
I have an idea for a gun-toting Blessed Preacher of Welsh extraction who is a little too attached to the water-of-life (whiskey). He is haunted by visions of what he believes to me a divine-female (Morgan LeFay?). The Preacher is looking to build a new Temple in the weird Wild West and is seeking other souls called to join the mission. Perhaps, KingHotTrash’s gunslinger may be the first such convert?
Aug 17, 2022 10:46 pm
I'd be interested in playing a Chi Master. I'm picturing a young, determined soul, whose power has burgeoned in these strange new times. The previous generations of 'masters' can provide little guidance to her. Most of them seem like dusty relics of a bygone age. So she set out alone (at first), to find her own path: Guided by strange insights that even she can barely comprehend.
Aug 18, 2022 1:12 am
I've had the idea of a roughened priest. He's seen some things in his years as a man of the cloth, but also even before when he fought for the union.
Aug 18, 2022 1:56 am
Ah! Thanks all for taking the time to post--I love all the ideas! I'm gonna roll these over over the next day or so and just double check what we already got goin'--gonna be a bit afk with work for the next couple-a. 🙌

You do not have permission to post in this thread.