2 Reasons I Prefer Gamers Plane

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 10, 2015 3:27 pm
Let's face it, there are a lot of play-by-post sites out there. But we're all here, at GP, for a reason.

My top two:

Extremely mobile friendly—many other sites are “prettier” but hog up a lot of screen real estate on my iPad and iPhone
• Active, personable developer—other sites I've used don't have as approachable devs. You ask, he answers!

What's your top two reasons?
Feb 10, 2015 4:04 pm
1. Agree with the mobile friendliness. I use my ipad frequently to access the site and I have been able to make long multiparagraph plot posts with minimal fuss.

2. Along the same lines as my above reason, the simple and plain aesthetic appeals to my function before form personality.
Last edited February 10, 2015 4:18 pm
Feb 10, 2015 4:14 pm
On the note of mobile-friendliness... the site holds up on mobiles, and is reasonably decent on tablets, with the site redesign in the next 6 or so months, I'll be actually making it responsive.
Feb 10, 2015 4:33 pm
Keleth says:
On the note of mobile-friendliness... the site holds up on mobiles, and is reasonably decent on tablets, with the site redesign in the next 6 or so months, I'll be actually making it responsive.
Can you give us the option, and set a cookie so that it remembers our preference.mone thing i *hate* about responsive sites is visiting on my iPad, the site seeing me as a mobile user and not giving the full site until I ask for it, then revisiting the site and having to reset to the full site.

Quite frankly, I like the site as it is (if it ain't broke....)
Feb 10, 2015 4:52 pm
Visually I don't mind the site, but the UX needs work. Plus m new logo doesn't work with the design, and I know it needs work. Also, some of what is here is pretty prone to bugs (thus the series of bugs about z-indexes breaking :( ).

That said, I'm not gonna do a mobile vs desktop site. I'll do responsive by resolution. So a tablet will be pretty close to a desktop. But if it turns out that you don't like it, we can look at a feature like that :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.