[Interest Check] Trophy Dark

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 23, 2022 3:15 am
I am very interested in running Trophy Dark. It would be a standalone series, unless I get players who would like to continue - the system is easily converted to Trophy Gold (Dark is meant for one-shots/limited sessions; Gold is meant for extended play).

From the book itself:
Quote:
Trophy Dark is a roleplaying game about a group of treasure-hunters entering a haunted forest that doesn't want them there. The game tells the story of treasure-hunters' physical and mental descent as they move deeper and deeper into the dangerous forest. Their journey ultimately brings them to ancient ruins that hold the treasure they seek, and the monstrous entities that dwell there. This is not a hopeful story of brave and daring adventurers that slay dragons and drag bags of gold back to town. This is a horror story of entitled pillagers meeting tragic ends.
This game involves themes of horror and body horror; there are many different adventures available that detail the specific themes it deals with.

My in-person group is not a fan of horror (they love slice-of-life), so hoping I'll be able to scratch this itch here haha. You'll make your own character, and it would be a max of 3 players.
Aug 23, 2022 7:37 am
This sounds promising. What kind of character ideas do you need?
Aug 23, 2022 11:39 am
Character creation actually has you rolling on various tables so it’s pretty simple and straightforward. I’d also be open to providing the tables and players can choose from them to make the character they want.
Aug 23, 2022 12:09 pm
Sounds interesting! I would love to play, even though I would need to familiarize myself with the system first.
Aug 23, 2022 2:00 pm
This sounds very interesting. I’d like to try it out. I don’t know anything about the system, so hopefully it’s not too complicated.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.