[Recruitment] Marvel Superheroes (FASERIP)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedMarvelPublic1 / daySpartachris
New York City, 1986

Welcome, true believers.

New York City. A place for heroes to show their mettle. Where those with great power exhibit great responsibility. Where normal lives are interrupted by the goings on of aliens, gods, mutants, supervillains, and ne'er do wells.

Are you a hero? Well suit up!

Excelsior!

Aug 23, 2022 10:30 pm
New York City, 1986

Welcome, true believers.

New York City. A place for heroes to show their mettle. Where those with great power exhibit great responsibility. Where normal lives are interrupted by the goings on of aliens, gods, mutants, supervillains, and ne'er do wells.

Are you a hero? Well suit up!

Excelsior!

https://i.imgur.com/Z9DQKwf.jpg

✅ Marvel Superheroes (FASERIP)

✅ Classic Four Color Action. Silver age style, set in NYC circa 1986

✅ No Adult Content. We might stray into some controversial themes, as crime will be involved, but I’ll keep it to PG-13.

✅ You’re one of the Good Guys. Don’t make an evil character. Dark and brooding is ok. Punisher is borderline. Remember this is silver age, so we’re telling stories about good guys in bright colored spandex.

✅ Open Ended Game. Please post once per day. We’ve all been there. PBP games run glacially slow. Life happens, I get it. I ask that you try to get on and post once a day. I expect that if you’re in the middle of a juicy back and forth, that you keep the momentum going.

✅ Quality First. Make a post with quality. Build a character. Develop a personality. Write solid posts that follow a "Yes, and…" philosophy.

✅ No Experience Necessary. FASERIP is an easy system to learn, so no need to know it. I might give a slight advantage to the nostalgia players that are familiar with this legend of TSR, though.

✅ How to Apply. We’ll keep it simple. Tell me why you want to play in this game. What excites you about the concept? What are you looking forward to?

Apply here
Aug 23, 2022 10:51 pm
Hey,
I just want to express my interest in playing a superhero game. It meets my one prerequisite in that it's not 5e. I've never played the Marvel RPG, but I have a lot of experience playing Champions and a lot of general role-playing experience. At the time of this writing, it looks like you haven't opened up the main page for applications, so let me know when that changes or if I was on the wrong page. Also, what's your policy on character creation and which rules version are we using?
Aug 23, 2022 11:16 pm
Sorry bout that. I had opened it but it didn’t take I guess. Should be open now.

To answer your questions, this is the old TSR Marvel Superheroes game. Aka FASERIP. Easy and intuitive system. We’ll be using a slightly modified version of the random character creation process in the game using the Universal Powers Book.
Aug 24, 2022 4:49 pm
Thanks for inviting me. I've been hankering to play this since seeing it in the magazines back in the late 80s. I don't know why I never bought it - I think I was more confined to buying whatever they stocked in the local shop rather than ordering things. I've always felt I'd missed out on a supers RPG. I had the rules for Champions but never got them to the table. The last game here didn't make it past character creation but I'm hopeful we can do better than that this time. I do love a bit of random character creation.
Aug 24, 2022 5:47 pm
Absolutely love the system, I grew up on this and AD&D. I'm more than interested.

New to the website, but not PbP in general. (Figured I'd toss that out there.)
Aug 25, 2022 2:29 am
Hey there. FASERIP is one of my favorite systems because it is so simple, but can result in some awesome storytelling.

Haven't been able to play in a few years, especially since I moved to almost exclusively PbP.

I love the random character generation!
Aug 25, 2022 4:18 am
Thank for the invitation. Unfortunately, I can't commit to the 1/day post rate. I hope you all have a blast!
Aug 25, 2022 12:19 pm
thetaodaddy says:
Thank for the invitation. Unfortunately, I can't commit to the 1/day post rate. I hope you all have a blast!
No worries.

I have 1 or 2 slots left if anyone else is interested. If not I’ll close it down for entry. So this is last call to get in on the ground floor.
Aug 25, 2022 2:58 pm
Do you still have space for a player? If so I'd like to play :)
Aug 25, 2022 5:21 pm
Madclergy says:
Do you still have space for a player? If so I'd like to play :)
Yes, still space.
Aug 25, 2022 8:10 pm
UPDATE

We’re full up right now but there is always attrition. So PM me if you’re interested.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.