Recruiting: Southward Bound - [Those Who Wander]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPrivate3 / weekFalconloft
You're in your last semester at Morgrave University in Sharn. The only thing that's left between you and your chosen career is one last work study, and for that, you've been assigned to Stormreach, to help explore the ancient Giant ruins of Xen'drik. But even though you're used to Sharn now, Stormreach is a city with its own challenges, and Xen'drik is an almost completely lawless continent. Will you come out of the jungle the same as you went in? Or will you come out at all?

Aug 24, 2022 2:33 pm
You're in your last semester at Morgrave University in Sharn. The only thing that's left between you and your chosen career is one last work study, and for that, you've been assigned to Stormreach, to help explore the ancient Giant ruins of Xen'drik. But even though you're used to Sharn now, Stormreach is a city with its own challenges, and Xen'drik is an almost completely lawless continent. Will you come out of the jungle the same as you went in? Or will you come out at all?

Safety/Comfort Level: I don't foresee adult content or any exceedingly controversial themes. As always with RPG's, some things are emergent, but objectionable content will be cut to black in the event it happens. This is meant to be a game of wonder and discovery, not a game of 50 shades of squick. As a GM, I try to be inclusive to all. I am probably not perfect at it, but I am also not averse to learning how to do better.

Character Creation: Characters will be built via semi-blind question and answer. Part of this is because the book isn't free, and I'm not sure of sharing restrictions, and part of this is because I want to truly explore the types of characters available in this variant rather than have old themes reused. Nothing will be random (unless you to decide to make it so) and everything seems well balanced. I'll work with the players to make sure everyone is happy with the characters they end up with.

Game Duration/Post Frequency: This will be a level 1-20 campaign, but it will be a rather quick 1-20. I do want to explore all levels of the system, but I don't want to spend years doing it. I try to update my games 3 times a week. That varies with work, but I do my best.

Other Factors:
-- I do have a discord server for my games. The game will be played on GP, so the discord is is not mandatory, but it does greatly increase the speed of my OOC replies.
-- This game is open to anyone but I may not be able to take more than half who are very new to some version of D&D.
-- Players new to GamersPlane will NOT be expected how to use everything on the site yet, and I don't mind explaining things.

How to Apply: Apply by posting below. This is an ongoing game, so you'll be stepping into the middle of the story, but I'm doing my best to keep it semi-episodic, so you don't need to read all that's come before to be able to jump in.
Last edited April 10, 2024 4:08 pm
Aug 24, 2022 3:35 pm
Very interested in joining :) Love the setting, and I’ll be happy to play either on here or on Discord
Last edited August 24, 2022 4:02 pm
Aug 24, 2022 3:40 pm
While I'm new to the website, I'm not new to PbP gaming, so I'll certainly throw my hat in the ring.
Aug 24, 2022 4:43 pm
Pencil says:
Very interested in joining :) Love the setting, and I’ll be happy to play either on here or on Discord
The game will be here; I use discord for additional OOC communication. I will clarify that in the post, thank you!
Aug 24, 2022 4:46 pm
@antiproduct @lightofmidnight @greygriffin @runekyndig

Just pinging you in case you wanted in since I know we talked about it in discord.
Aug 24, 2022 4:55 pm
I'm intrigued but I don't think I can commit to another campaign.
Aug 24, 2022 5:23 pm
Falconloft says:
Pencil says:
The game will be here; I use discord for additional OOC communication. I will clarify that in the post, thank you!
Gotcha :)
Aug 24, 2022 6:30 pm
I would love to join if there's a spot left.
Aug 24, 2022 9:13 pm
So far we have Pencil, MaJunior, and Khulod, so we have room for 2 to 3 more, but three is enough for me to start the character creation. It'll be easier if it's staggered, anyway. So, invites sent to you three.
Aug 24, 2022 9:16 pm
*Brightly lit puppy eyes*
Aug 24, 2022 9:27 pm
I'm interested to see how things are different in this variant and what character creation is like. I'm hesitant to totally commit right now without knowing that but I'd be interested to proceed tentatively.

I should add: Very familiar with 5e, fairly comfortable with GP.
Last edited August 24, 2022 9:39 pm
Aug 24, 2022 9:34 pm
Hi, I'm interested in trying this. I only really play in one or two games at a time, and it seems like the one game I'm in is going to be on hiatus for the forseeable future.
I'm totally familiar with 5e and pretty comfortable with GP.
Aug 24, 2022 10:04 pm
I'm interested. I know 5e and have been on GP for over a year.
Aug 24, 2022 10:11 pm
Okay, I think we're full then! Invites incoming.
Apr 8, 2024 9:14 pm
This is an ongoing game testing out the system Those Who Wander. This is a 5e-based system with some significant changes, primarily the lack of full classes. Instead, you piece your character together from your race (which is customizable), your heirloom item (which can be a weapon, armor, or something else entirely), and the path you choose which can meander between warrior and mage and everything in between as you level up.

We're looking for at least one player, but more would be fine.
Last edited April 8, 2024 9:14 pm
Apr 9, 2024 12:14 am
Sounds interesting. I’d love to join but won’t be able to get my hands on the rulebook until Friday.
Apr 9, 2024 2:09 pm
@JoshuaMabry - I ran the other characters through creation organically, so I can do the same for you. The rules themselves aren't really any different than 5e e except for abstract wealth being used instead of counting coins and some meaningless terminology changes.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.