Basic Fantasy RPG

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 30, 2022 8:35 pm
Anybody here play that? I'm currently researching it. I think maybe I want to play that instead of 5e...

...I had no idea that there were so many RP choices!!! 😁
Aug 30, 2022 8:53 pm
The choices are nearly unlimited...from the bizarre to the profane. The neat thing is that no matter how obscure, someone on GP has probably played it at least once.
Aug 30, 2022 9:18 pm
I have played BF RPG and personally I'm a fan. I feel like there are more OSR/OSE games on this site but BF has several free splat PDFs that really let you flush out a character.

Nothing against 5e but I find it kind of takes the mystique out of DND when every character can heal themselves and get full HP after a night's rest. No real stakes, know what I mean?

Len

Aug 30, 2022 9:23 pm
I've seen it run a number of times here on GP and played in it twice. It's an excellent, flexible version of old school D&D. Lots of optional bells and whistles to capture whatever style you're after. @naatkinson is who I think of when I think of GP members with a lot of Basic Fantasy know-how, I'm sure there are others too!
Aug 30, 2022 9:44 pm
Len says:
I've seen it run a number of times here on GP and played in it twice. It's an excellent, flexible version of old school D&D. Lots of optional bells and whistles to capture whatever style you're after. @naatkinson is who I think of when I think of GP members with a lot of Basic Fantasy know-how, I'm sure there are others too!
Yeah, I just found his open to public game. I'm gonna go read it!
Aug 30, 2022 10:43 pm
Basic Fantasy is great. I've run a few games of it on GP and a few in person for my kids :)
Sep 10, 2022 10:44 pm
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but holy crap! This thing is dangerous DEADLY!?!?!?

https://i.imgur.com/fFaict5.jpg
Last edited September 10, 2022 10:45 pm
Sep 10, 2022 10:52 pm
Are there rules/restrictions on how often monsters can use breath attacks?
Found it.
# of times per day = HD
Every other round.
*For dragons

Different monsters have different rules on frequency and total Breath Weapon uses... Nothing listed for the turtle...
Last edited September 10, 2022 11:22 pm
Sep 10, 2022 11:48 pm
I would guess that they follow the same rules as true dragons do. The damage of them matches (30 HD to 30d8 damage)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.