Ask Me Anything: Aironfabio

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Sep 15, 2022 5:02 pm
bowlofspinach says:
How much air can you fit on one fabio?
I'd say that my surface, lying down, is of about 0.5 squadre meters. At my latitude there's about 12 km of troposphere above.
So 6000 cubic meters of air?

Though that's the air I can fit above me rather than on me.

If we talk about a very large Fabio lying down at the equator, then we get vastly larger measurements.

Don't know if I nerded out enough on this answer.
Sep 15, 2022 6:47 pm
Aironfabio says:
bowlofspinach says:
How much air can you fit on one fabio?
I'd say that my surface, lying down, is of about 0.5 squadre meters. At my latitude there's about 12 km of troposphere above.
So 6000 cubic meters of air?

Though that's the air I can fit above me rather than on me.

If we talk about a very large Fabio lying down at the equator, then we get vastly larger measurements.

Don't know if I nerded out enough on this answer.
Ah, but did you consider the temperature? It is, as we all know, proportionally linked to the volume of a gas such as air.
Sep 16, 2022 1:10 am
NABO says:
Ah, but did you consider the temperature? It is, as we all know, proportionally linked to the volume of a gas such as air.
... speaking of hot air, haha.

Aironfabio, what intellectual property do you wish was converted to an official RPG, but you have not yet seen?
Sep 16, 2022 6:38 am
Qralloq says:
NABO says:
... speaking of hot air, haha.

Aironfabio, what intellectual property do you wish was converted to an official RPG, but you have not yet seen?
I'm not a fan of playing in established universes (except from stuff incredibly vast such as Star Wars). I find that the charm of most IPs comes from the characters rather than the setting.

What I would love to see is a system that facilitates playing the specific "weird anthropomorphic creatures fight crime" genre of cartoons so popular when I was growing up: TMNT, Biker Mice, Gargoyles... a game that helps you create your own "Humanoid Rocker Dogs from the future" and a cast of colorful villains, with GM suggestions on how to run one-off episodes with recurring villains or bigger arcs.

I guess you can call it a sub-genre of superheroes, but I would love to see it in focus.
Last edited September 16, 2022 6:39 am
Sep 16, 2022 6:58 am
What's the most niche game (either system or concept) that you'd love to play on here but could never get the players for?
Sep 16, 2022 9:31 am
Aironfabio says:
I'm not a fan of playing in established universes (except from stuff incredibly vast such as Star Wars). I find that the charm of most IPs comes from the characters rather than the setting.

What I would love to see is a system that facilitates playing the specific "weird anthropomorphic creatures fight crime" genre of cartoons so popular when I was growing up: TMNT, Biker Mice, Gargoyles... a game that helps you create your own "Humanoid Rocker Dogs from the future" and a cast of colorful villains, with GM suggestions on how to run one-off episodes with recurring villains or bigger arcs.

I guess you can call it a sub-genre of superheroes, but I would love to see it in focus.
Have you ever played TMNT and Other Strangeness by Palladium Books? It's not in print any more.
Sep 16, 2022 10:18 am
Aironfabio says:

I would totally play this. As Joshua says, there is a TMNT game from the 80s/90s that could scratch the itch!
Sep 16, 2022 12:14 pm
Yeah, no. I find old school game design (mostly) terrible. Palladium, Rifts, all that nonsense about MegaDamage etc... is one style of game that I doubt I'll ever want to revisit.
Sep 16, 2022 12:26 pm
bowlofspinach says:
What's the most niche game (either system or concept) that you'd love to play on here but could never get the players for?
I think here there's enough active and curious players for every system and concept. What's lacking is time to set it up and folkow through, system adaptability to asynchronous play and perhaps dice/cards/token support in the dice roller.

A setting I have published and would love to play but just have no time is a Military Academy for monsters and magical creatures, in 1890 Germany, where Kaiser Wilhelm tries to indoctrinate drakes and banshees and werewolves to fight for the Second Reich, and the players are conscript cadets against their will.
Sep 16, 2022 5:43 pm
Aironfabio says:
bowlofspinach says:
I think here there's enough active and curious players for every system and concept. What's lacking is time to set it up and folkow through, system adaptability to asynchronous play and perhaps dice/cards/token support in the dice roller.

A setting I have published and would love to play but just have no time is a Military Academy for monsters and magical creatures, in 1890 Germany, where Kaiser Wilhelm tries to indoctrinate drakes and banshees and werewolves to fight for the Second Reich, and the players are conscript cadets against their will.
Sounds a lot like Castle Falkenstein

You do not have permission to post in this thread.