Suggestion: add search.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 10, 2016 2:49 pm
1) Search on whole site. Example: I remember thread about handy free resources, but forgot where it was. (Maybe add option to "save to favorites")
2) Search by sub forums. For example i look for suggestions but not for discussions about site.
3) Tags? Example I want to find everything #GMtips related ignoring system or everything #SavageWorld related.
4) Search by author.
5) Search by context. Example: GM mentioned in game 3 moth ago demon named "Furfur". I want to find every post in that game about this demon (And bring him down!)

Conclusion: I think search is needed feature for any forum.
Last edited July 10, 2016 2:57 pm
Jul 10, 2016 2:55 pm
I agree that searching would be nice. In the meantime, you can add 'site:gamersplane.com' to the beginning of your Google search and be able to search through most of the forums/threads.
Jul 10, 2016 4:09 pm
Search is something that's really difficult, and while I keep trying to learn how, I haven't come across anything that wouldn't be stupidly slow. It's something I keep on my mind any time I'm making updates, but don't have a clear answer for yet :/
Jul 10, 2016 11:04 pm
njohn858 says:
I agree that searching would be nice. In the meantime, you can add 'site:gamersplane.com' to the beginning of your Google search and be able to search through most of the forums/threads.
As a first step, a search field / button that automatically sends the request to google search would be useful. Maybe even enough.
Jul 10, 2016 11:25 pm
greenvoid says:
njohn858 says:
As a first step, a search field / button that automatically sends the request to google search would be useful. Maybe even enough.
It may be enough for a bit, but not long term. I don't know how well Google is crawling GP, and it will always be delayed.
Jul 11, 2016 12:18 am
A search option would be a goo idea. In the meantime, is this the thread you were looking for?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.