Recruitment D&D 5e- KIDNAP!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPrivate2 / weekTrustyJustin
You and your adventure party have arrived in the desolate town of Brothers, 100 miles east from the closest major city. You're hot on the trail of the kidnapper who appears to have disappeared into the vast expanse of the desert. The family is not well off and have little to offer in the way of reward, despite this, you've agreed to recover the child. Perhaps you're compelled by a sense of rectitude, or you have a personal connection, or no matter how meager, you're motivated by some sort of promise of recompense.

Sep 20, 2022 7:52 pm
✅ You and your adventure party have arrived in the desolate town of Brothers, 100 miles east from the closest major city. You're hot on the trail of the kidnapper who appears to have disappeared into the vast expanse of the desert. The family is not well off and have little to offer in the way of reward, despite this, you've agreed to recover the child. Perhaps you're compelled by a sense of rectitude, or you have a personal connection, or no matter how meager, you're motivated by some sort of promise of recompense.

✅ Adult Content or Controversial Themes. There will be a theme of child endangerment, and although the intention is to not be gratuitous, if this is something you are sensitive to, this might not be the game for you.

https://i.imgur.com/7B9oba8.jpg

✅ Character Restrictions. Any party of four D&D 5e character classes. All characters are level 1, non-humans are extremely rare and any non-human-passing characters will most likely be feared or ostracized.

✅ Game Duration and Post Frequency. This should be a relatively short game that I would like to see run from beginning to end. As GM I intend to post about 2 times a week, possibly more depending on player engagement. If the group gels and everyone is having fun, you may be invited to play in additional episodes.

✅ Player Experience Requirements. No experience necessary, but familiarity with the rules and the ability to create a character on your own is preferable.

✅ How to Apply. Post below with a brief character class/description and motivation/connection to the other party member and/or victims.

✅ Anyone with an active imagination and a desire to play is welcome to apply.
Sep 21, 2022 7:22 pm
I am interested and I have a human paladin that's ready to go. Xur'Tual is determined to do good in the world and hide his sorcerous family ties. He hides his magic behind blessings from a god.

I'll move it all over later and get a back story typed up, but that's the basics.
Last edited September 21, 2022 7:40 pm
Sep 22, 2022 4:38 am
SchadDad says:
I am interested and I have a human paladin that's ready to go....
Sounds good. I'll send you an invite as soon as I set up the game.
Sep 22, 2022 6:32 am
Very interesting! I'd apply if I wasn't already in too many games. Have fun, folks!
Sep 22, 2022 5:06 pm
I'll throw my hat into the ring. I'm still thinking of a character.
Sep 22, 2022 6:55 pm
I am interested. I am working on a human ranger whose life was saved by the victim's aunt and uncle. Now he wants to repay the debt. The ranger can be from a nomadic desert tribe or from the child's home town, whichever fits best.
Sep 22, 2022 10:30 pm
HeroAmongMen says:
I'll throw my hat into the ring. I'm still thinking of a character.
Sounds good.
rpgventurer says:
I am interested. I am working on a human ranger whose life was saved by the victim's aunt and uncle. Now he wants to repay the debt. The ranger can be from a nomadic desert tribe or from the child's home town, whichever fits best.
Cool. Let's say you grew up in the hometown of the father and his brother (the uncle.) At some point in your past, the uncle saved your life. The uncle no longer lives in your hometown but the father does.

I'll set up the game and send you guys invites once we get one more person who wants to play.
Sep 23, 2022 2:38 pm
I'll have my character be dispatched from the major city to help.
Sep 23, 2022 3:16 pm
Haven't played much by post but very familiar with 5e rules- interested if you're accepting new players, willing to be put on a wait list, etc. Orphaned at a young age due to the Wasting Sickness, Rook Alderghast (human Fighter) worked as a bouncer in the local tavern where his older sister served ale. The locals soon recognized his ability to throw hands and even though he wasn't the biggest in the bar, he did well for himself. Looking for a way up in the world he served as a town guard for a while, until politics and paperwork began to gnaw at him. He left the guard with a bitter taste in his mouth. In between jobs Rook is open to any opportunity that presents itself to him.
Last edited September 23, 2022 3:24 pm
Sep 23, 2022 3:20 pm
I've sent you guys all invites and created a character creation thread so that we may discuss your characters and relationships before the start of the adventure. I'm still hoping to draw one more adventurer to the party.
Sep 23, 2022 3:25 pm
SenorDeebs says:
Haven't played much by post but very familiar with 5e rules- interested if you're accepting new players, willing to be put on a wait list, etc. Orphaned at a young age due to the Wasting Sickness, Rook Alderghast (human Fighter) worked as a bouncer in the local tavern where his older sister served ale. The locals soon recognized his ability to throw hands and even though he wasn't the biggest in the bar, he did well for himself. Looking for a way up in the world he served as a town guard for a while, until politics and paperwork began to gnaw at him. He left the guard with a bitter taste in his mouth. In between jobs Rook is open to any opportunity that presents itself to him.
Okay cool. I'll send you the invite.
Sep 23, 2022 3:25 pm
Edited my original post with a character idea. If you need a different class to balance the party out let me know, love thinking of new character ideas.
Sep 23, 2022 5:18 pm
Sign me up please
Sep 23, 2022 5:45 pm
ixataca says:
Sign me up please
Alright, I sent you an invite and I will now be closing recruitment.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.