My first fight

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 21, 2022 5:31 pm
https://i.imgur.com/p2rRj3p.jpg

I'm scared!!!
2 lvl 1 characters.
Ailwin is a F/MU with Sleep spell.

Can I win this fight? If I run, how will I ever get any XP???
Sep 22, 2022 7:40 am
Nice use of a spreadsheet for a map.

Four ¼ CR wolves? That's a tough fight for two first-level characters. Wolves hunt in packs, if they can mob you, it'll be game over.

It looks like there's some difficult terrain you can get behind to slow them down. This might bunch them together where the sleep spell will be effective (it might take out two).

Best of luck, heroes!
Sep 22, 2022 7:59 am
Sleep is so strong at Level 1.
Sep 22, 2022 12:06 pm
Just sneak past them. That should count as overcoming the encounter as well
Sep 22, 2022 12:16 pm
Adam says:
Nice use of a spreadsheet for a map.

Four ¼ CR wolves? That's a tough fight for two first-level characters. Wolves hunt in packs, if they can mob you, it'll be game over.

It looks like there's some difficult terrain you can get behind to slow them down. This might bunch them together where the sleep spell will be effective (it might take out two).

Best of luck, heroes!
This is definitely an OSR fight, perhaps Basic Fantasy. Back up, bring them in closer, and then drop a sleep spell on them. That'll take them out immediately.
Sep 22, 2022 2:44 pm
Sleep is awesome. Use terrain to your advantage and get the the fighter to bait the wolves. When positioning is right, hit em with that sleep spell and hope for the best! When the fighter wakes up, pump up his ego and let him know he was absolute beast slaughtering those wolves and act suprised he doesnt remember a thing!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.