Interlude I - Crossroads

Oct 2, 2022 9:56 pm
You escaped the planet 52.4.2 V. T. Your employer told you to meet him at Pisces 15-3-4 for mission debriefing.
Oct 4, 2022 1:57 pm
OOC:
Rolling some dice to move the story :D

wel..
Last edited October 4, 2022 1:58 pm

Rolls

Piloting - (1d8)

(2) = 2

Oct 5, 2022 7:31 pm
After an unexpected but short odyssey through some wrong star systems (Landonis programmed the navigational system with cartesian coordinates instead of polar ones) you arrive at Pisces 15-3-4.
Sahawande Uragan of the UPO welcomes you in his office
Great that you are here! I just received word from 52.4.2 V. T. You landed all the humanitarian goods and the situation there has improved. It's still a warzone but at least the people have food and water.
In the name of the UPO I want to thank you! I will have the 12 credits transferred to your account. I think that concludes our business. Thank you again!

He beams and reaches out to shake your hands...
bdciopp says:
OOC:
Rolling some dice to move the story :D

wel..
OOC:
Just wanted to give you the chance to maybe do something before debriefing ;)
If
Oct 5, 2022 11:38 pm
"Excuse me," Jettison says with an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry to interrupt. It seems we took on a refugee downworld, inadvertent like. He claims to be a part of the House Atreides - never heard of it. Do you know anything about his house?"
Oct 6, 2022 10:57 am
OOC:
Is Ethan there with you? Judging from Jettison question -> I presume not. What is understandable from your PC characters pov:) He is just waiting in front of ship? Or where do the team left him?
Last edited October 6, 2022 10:57 am
Oct 6, 2022 3:46 pm
Pedrop says:
OOC:
Is Ethan there with you? Judging from Jettison question -> I presume not. What is understandable from your PC characters pov:) He is just waiting in front of ship? Or where do the team left him?
OOC:
Up to you! Jettison would ask the question regardless.
Oct 6, 2022 7:07 pm
Sahawande slightly tilts his head.
As far as I know on the planet you visited there is an intertwined network of families and groups that work together or fight in various feuds but I'm afraid that I don't know anything about this specific house. If you want to: There is a refugee registration center on the 3rd floor. Your passenger could register there for food and shelter.
Pedrop says:
OOC:
OOC:
Just as tibbius said: Whatever feels right for you ;)
Oct 7, 2022 10:24 am
Landonis will stay near the ship to look after it and check if they do not have any other undiscovered cargo. Also fungus
Oct 7, 2022 12:50 pm
Ethan laughed awkwardly: "So you haven't heard of the House of Atreides at all?? And you don't have any other information for me? I'm Ethan Lasaro... I was supposed to get next informations after those nice band of madam" - looked with a smile at Acker, probably thinking that 'madam' maybe wasn't the best name for her... - "and gentlemen bring me to their contractors. Nothing at all? Oh... 'Dogs like to bite their tails'... Maybe know you will remember so-me-thing? " - Ethan looked outright surprised and disappointed, but then he remembered the position of a person he was talking to, and added straightening his back: "Sir?"
Oct 7, 2022 2:11 pm
Jettison looks away from the bewildered refugee doctor and successfully suppresses a chuckle. It seems like their stowaway got put onto the wrong ship ...
Oct 7, 2022 2:57 pm
Sahawande blinks several times I'm afraid that I don't know anything about the House of Atreides or any kind of contractors you may have. That means unless...
Sahawande stops speaking mid-sentence. He goes to his desk and turns off the big screen behind him. Then he types something on the terminal on his desk and places his PDA in a drawer.
He comes close to you, the typical corporate smile completely gone...
I can't share any specifics but I think we both are involved in things we don't fully understand. You see: I've tried to organize a shipment of humanitarian goods to 52.4.2 V. T. for a long time. But parties involved with either side of the conflict have blocked all attempts to do so.
But suddenly, a few month ago I think, a sudden and unexpected agreement was made. Not only were we allowed to ship humanitarian aid, we also got additional funding when the first shipments failed. In fact the attempt were you succeeded usually would've never been approved because of the high risk and costs. Highly unusual.

I can't point my finger at anyone specific but someone who is highly influential wanted us and you to succeed.

Scrol sent a note to bdciopp
Oct 7, 2022 5:39 pm
OOC:
Later, but before embarking on the next episode
Jettison spends some time in a tavern telling tales about Jonathon, the demo guy turned wildlife expert. He also tries to find out anything about House Atreides, make some connections who could help find a new job, etc.

Rolls

Connections - (1d8)

(5) = 5

Oct 7, 2022 6:05 pm
Landonis grabs few tools from his toolbox and move swiftly to that panel to check
OOC:
do I have comms with the rest of the team?
Oct 7, 2022 6:58 pm
bdciopp says:
Landonis grabs few tools from his toolbox and move swiftly to that panel to check
OOC:
do I have comms with the rest of the team?
OOC:
Of course;)
Oct 9, 2022 3:57 pm
While taking closer look at the box, Landonis calls Jettison to get as fast as possible to him
Oct 9, 2022 4:06 pm
"Ey, excuse me," Jettison says casually, "I gotta see a guy about a thing .." He steps out of the conference room and heads as fast as he can to the Lucky Chance.
Oct 9, 2022 10:34 pm
OOC:
Where is Acker? @Dunko
Oct 10, 2022 5:19 pm
OOC:
Sorry, been traveling a bit!
Sorry if I'm being dumb here, but did we get another job? If that is the case...
Acker sits in her cabin, in dim light, as she goes over the dossier on what they've been hired to do, looking for any major points...
Oct 10, 2022 5:34 pm
Lets investigate panel and what the box could be doing
OOC:
nice..
Last edited October 10, 2022 5:35 pm

Rolls

Electronics - (1d8)

(7) = 7

Oct 10, 2022 6:41 pm
OOC:
I assume that only Jettison and Ethan were on conference with Sahawande - if Acker was at ship? Jet to collect money and say that captain - Ezra - won't make it this time, Ethan to get to know something about his mission and the person he is looking for. Yes?
Ethan seeing Jettison departing so fast and suddenly was puzzled about whole situation even more. With an apologetic smile he said:
"I see my new friend had some important task to attend. I'm sure it was very important. My apology Sir! But I think all the formalities are fulfilled? And the money was sent to the team accounts? " - he waited for a moment to be assured about that. Ethan didn't want to get back to the ship with the info, that the - apparently - most important matter is not settled yet.
"So, Sir, do you think that there will be some other informations from forces that are behind our mission? I was supposed to get some information about someone's whereabouts... at this stage? Or do you have any advice how should I try to contact those 'highly influenced' someones?" - he was quite surprised even for himself that he said "our" not, "their mission". Could he already feel any attachment to this unusual band of misfits?
load next

Thread locked