How do I create a hidden subforum?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 13, 2016 2:26 pm
I feel like it's a dumb question, and I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere. I looked, honest!

What I'm trying to do is create a subforum called GM Screen that will be hidden from my players. This is where I intend to put game notes and stuff. I imagine all I need to do is set the proper permissions. So I go to my ACP and this is what I see.

http://i.imgur.com/fiuuio9.jpg

I want to edit permissions for GM Screen so I expect to find that listed in the dropdown on the right but I click it and all I see listed is the parent forum, "The Loremaster's Legacy?" *scratching my head*

Thanks in advance for the help! :-)
Last edited July 13, 2016 2:40 pm
Jul 13, 2016 3:04 pm
The group for your game has the same name as the game itself. So the item you see in the dropdown under groups is the group that contains all the players and you. If you add the group and give it deny to "Read" privileges, no one in that group will be able to read it. BUT, you're a GM, and have admin privileges, and those override all over privileges, so you'll continue to be able to do whatever you want!
Jul 13, 2016 4:27 pm
Ooohhhh! I get it! Thanks, Keleth! :-)
Jul 13, 2016 4:48 pm
Now if I were to make the game public would my GM Screen be hidden from everyone? Or would everybody not participating in the game be able to read it because they're inaffected by the permissions I set for the group?
Jul 13, 2016 5:00 pm
They would be able to see it, and that is on purpose, though we can have a discussion on if that's the right behavior.
Jul 13, 2016 5:11 pm
Perhaps there should be another permission level for public?
Jul 13, 2016 5:16 pm
I can look into that.
Jul 13, 2016 5:17 pm
Naatkinson says:
Perhaps there should be another permission level for public?
I second this.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.