The Docks

Oct 23, 2022 4:58 pm
As you step off the boat onto the wooden planks of the dock you look around at the beginning of this new adventure
Nov 16, 2022 1:54 pm
Hitting the Town

Miros Xelbrin
The dock hands are under the instruction of an older man who bellows just about everything. You lot there! get out of the way. We don't mind the company but you stopping the unloading of the ale. And everyone know the day isn't done till the ale is safely stored in the tavern.
Get along there.

You, the other adventurer scouts, and the mercenary band guards quick step up the dock to a ramp leading to a stone boathouse.
Just inside the cool shade a tall hard faced man and guard await.
Tyren
Right, I'm Captain Tyren, leader of the Silver Fang mercenaries and captain of the guard here abouts. You lot follow the Corporel here and he will show you around and answer any questions you may have. If you are interested check with the clerk about jobs, otherwise just don't cause any trouble for me or my men. With that he turns and strides off, obviously expecting to be obeyed.
Guard
The guard motions you to follow and heads into the basecamp.
The base is situated at a fork in the river and surrounded on 3 sides by a 20' wall. The last side has a low wall of about 4 feet that looks out over the river that is 15' below its top. The entire area is hot, humid, and carries the scent of the swamp just to the west. Looking around there are bits of old building to be seen but most are patched with newer, and most likely magical, stonework. The older original buildings are built form solid stone blocks with smooth patches of stone filling in the gaps and reinforcing the older crumbling stonework. A variety of races are easily seen though many seem like you, adventurers here for fame and fortune.

Guard

Psybermagi

May 6, 2024 3:59 am
You follow the guard who walks casually around the small base he refers to as New Paphos

A Gatehouse B Scout Barracks and storehouse
C Phlan's Office D Warehouse entrance
E Fountain Plaza F Barracks
G Dock house H Dock
I Smithy (Mord) J Artificer (Valpip)
K Tavern & Inn L Cantina & Bar
M Gardens (Ualas) N Clerk's Office
O Temple (Felsapr) P Wizard (Fiznik)
Q Scholar (Myreana) R Cleric (Sellindra)
S ? T ?
U ? V ?
W ? X Armory
Y Training Grounds Z Captains quarters

The town has an odd assortment of people, rough river boat and dock hands, mercenaries, adventurers, cayenne, and scholarly researchers. You wander about listening to snatches of gossip you spy a wide variety of people and you note the varied accents of people from the Nations, Freeholds, and Kingdoms. Some of these cluster with those of like origins woke other groups are a mix of nationalities and people but are of a like profession.

Guard

So, any questions?
May 8, 2024 12:08 am
Felix stepped off the boat onto the dock. The solid ground under his feet actually felt unusual. His body wanted to feel the sway of the water, and he actually stumbled a little. He laughed a little, embarrassed.

Haha, that’s me the sea dog.

After orientation by Captain Tyren Felix felt compelled to obey his commands. Thank God he didn’t tell me to follow the mercenaries, I might have done it!

The Guard led him and his fellow boat adventurers out into the small town of New Paphos. Felix ogled all the stonework, what a sturdy looking place. Im used to seeing more wood in my construction, back where I’m from - Felix spoke to the air. Lively too, this has got to be the place. What would all these people be doing here otherwise?

Just one question that I can think of - any beds? Somewhere to take a kip later? I don’t want to be stuck with nowhere to lay down.
OOC:
Sorry I couldnt post yesterday

Guard

Psybermagi

May 8, 2024 1:29 am
OOC:
No worries. I wanted to make sure you understood how to move between thread but other than that you are good to join a group. There are a couple of groups currently at New Paphos for you to join. If you want to go meet them then just hop into that thread. They should be in town for a bit so if you want to poke around on your own for a bit just post here
The guard and All nod at each other, obviously familiar with each other, as Al head off to the tavern. Ernes also leaves at this point but Pog and Pontus stick around for a bit.

Guard

Beds are easy. Good beds, not so easy.
The good ones are at the tavern or cantina. Both double as inn's. There are also barracks where you can get a cot a night for 1 copper. 3 copper gets you a meal. Or sign on with the guard or scouts and room and board is free. Check with the clerk to be a scout or the captain if you want to join the guard. Al freelance's and comes and goes. The pay is a bit better but if you sign on you get free access to magic healing and guaranteed pay, room, and board.
May 9, 2024 12:16 am
You had me at Tavern or Cantina. Felix saluted thanks-a-million and took off in the direction that the guard gestured. Noticing Al was in front of him now Felix jogged to catch up.

So you know your way around here, huh? You heading to the Tavern or Cantina too? Any games of chance going on there, like Poker? I’m as good as broke
OOC:
I’ll be happy to switch to the other thread, but as you said, maybe not until I run into some other characters?
Last edited May 9, 2024 1:55 am
May 9, 2024 3:17 am
Big Al

I'm off to the tavern. It's a bit more relaxed of an atmosphere for rougher clients. The cantina is great but, well, I really need a bath before I visit miss Digsy's establishment. and he chuckles. Pog wanders off but Pontus catches up with the two of you and you all make your way to the tavern. There are games here but the captain of the guards insists they stick to copper and silver stakes to avoid broke guards and fights going beyond knuckles. The guards seem to like the dice games. There's a table in the cantina that runs a decent round of cards most nights but those scholarly types are awfully good at most card games. Cards being more expensive and flimsy than dice this is a common trend in most places as only the rich tend to have enough free coin to spend on paper games.

You arrive on the south east corner of the walled enclosure and Al points to the Tavern door and you head in. Like all the buildings here it is made of stone but the interior looks to to have sawdust scattered around the floor. A large jolly looking man calls out as you enter
https://i.imgur.com/lcVp5CC.jpeg
Toblen Stonehill (Tavern)

Al, your back. And brough fresh recruits. Are you on a hiring commission now? the man laughs and Al grins. Name's Toblen. he says to you and Pontus Take a seat and we'll get you a drink. First ones free.

There are a couple dock workers, guards, laborers, and adventurers. Most sit in groups of 2 to 4 and the tavern has yet to fill with the evening rush. You see a couple with simple meals of some sort of stew and bread. Smells waft from a room behind the bar that instantly make your mouth begin to water. Whoever is cooking must be 1,000 times better than the one you had on the boat.

Buan
Al grabs your hand and points to a corner in the back where a couple of figure sit. One sits in the light from a window and the other in a corner across the table and is pulled back into the shadows. Joining the pair Al introduces you to the pair as local scout who have been around a while.
Sawen Shadeflanks
May 9, 2024 12:42 pm
OOC:
People are showing up in the tavern so let's get you over there. Move to Base/Paphos thread

You do not have permission to post in this thread.