Logging in and tabindex

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 14, 2016 1:25 pm
I use a laptop and try to avoid the touchpad as much as I can.

With the previous design, at the main page I needed 2 tabs to focus on login, now it's 8. I'd really like it if it were fewer, maybe even 0? So that when the page loads, I just hit Enter and voila, I can log in.
Jul 14, 2016 1:38 pm
Hm... never thought about tabindex on links; I'll try it out. The question is if after Register -> Login, does it continue onto the main page or go back up? Up would be ideal, but web stuff and ideal never coincide.
Jul 14, 2016 3:39 pm
How many times do people register? And how many times do they log in? So Login would be more useful as auto-focus. However, I'm already a registered user so it might only be my selfish side.

The forums have so many links that it does not seem to be useful to navigate there with Tab. So tabindex should probably take people up to the menu.
Jul 14, 2016 4:29 pm
Currently, we get a decent number of registrations, heh, but yah, I'll look into making login the first or second link. Plus, once you log in, you don't need to log in again for a week (or ever if you keep logging in).
Jul 14, 2016 4:32 pm
Keleth says:
Plus, once you log in, you don't need to log in again for a week (or ever if you keep logging in).
Unless you make a regular habit of deleting your cookies...in which case, you'd need to sign in as often as they're deleted.
Jul 14, 2016 4:57 pm
njohn858 says:
Keleth says:
Plus, once you log in, you don't need to log in again for a week (or ever if you keep logging in).
Unless you make a regular habit of deleting your cookies...in which case, you'd need to sign in as often as they're deleted.
Yah, I think I'll try making register the first tab, then login #2.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.