Happy Thanksgiving!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 24, 2022 5:23 pm
Happy Thanksgiving to you all who celebrate it. For those who do not know, it's a holiday where we give thanks (to whomever) and spend time and a feast with family and friends. The fable goes thus: The Pilgrims and the Natuves had a harvest feastival to celebrate peace and unity and all was righ in their world. We commemorate that feast day on this, our national holiday - Thanksgiving Day.
Have a wonderful day!
Nov 24, 2022 5:37 pm
It didn't go that way at all. It's a nice fable but it covers up a massacre and encourages the celebration of it. It's like 9/11 or the attack on Pearl Harbor being turned into a holiday.

Please do use the time for friends, family and giving thanks for what we have...just be aware that the story behind the holiday isn't what it's been sanitized to be.

**this isn't meant as an attack on Umbral. They had the best of intentions, I'm sure.
Last edited November 24, 2022 5:39 pm
Nov 24, 2022 5:48 pm
HAPPY THANKSGIVINING
Nov 24, 2022 6:17 pm
umbraldragon says:
Happy Thanksgiving to you all who celebrate it. For those who do not know, it's a holiday where we give thanks (to whomever) and spend time and a feast with family and friends. The fable goes thus: The Pilgrims and the Natuves had a harvest feastival to celebrate peace and unity and all was righ in their world. We commemorate that feast day on this, our national holiday - Thanksgiving Day.
Have a wonderful day!
It's late in the year for a harvest festival, but perhaps the pilgrims wanted to be well fed just before Black Friday.
Nov 24, 2022 11:40 pm
Days of Thanksgiving were very common after the Europeans landed in the Americas. Some of them were to celebrate victories, good harvests, and indeed sometimes massacres against the natives.

The modern incarnation of Thanksgiving is modeled after a three day feast where the native Wampanoags and European settlers came together to celebrate a good harvest.

I don't think it's anything like celebrating Pearl Harbor or 9/11, as days of thanksgiving were common and declared for many reasons, some good and some bad. The foundation of modern Thanksgiving is not a massacre, but a coming together of two peoples.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Nov 25, 2022 2:23 am
Happy Thanksgiving!
Nov 25, 2022 4:35 am
Happy Thanksgiving
Nov 25, 2022 7:56 pm
And now I get bombarded with Christmas ads, Christmas Music, and Christmas movies, and...ah well, tis the season to be tolerant. Lol. Just give me $200 buy in level on the Old School Essentials Kickstarter and I'm good.
https://i.imgur.com/jd0XZfS.jpg

You do not have permission to post in this thread.