[Interest/Recruiting] FFG Rogue Trader

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 29, 2022 12:13 am
So - after setting up my current game, I have a bit of a hankering to run/play Rogue Trader. It's a big commitment, but I might be willing to GM the game. I would most likely start using the framework of a prewritten adventure, but RT is a game that very quickly leaves the rails behind and becomes its own, self-sustaining beast.

If I am running, I would like players who are self-driven, not needing to be led around by the nose. RT is such a big, wide game that you really can't have players being shy about what they want.

I would prefer one player to take the role of a Rogue Trader, rather than an NPC. Out of character, the entire party gets equal say on what they choose to do, but having a face to run with makes RT much easier.

Also, no non-Human careers, aside from maybe Kroot at a push.

I have access to all of the FFG-era RT books, as well as some others from across the range.

Anyone else interested?
Last edited November 29, 2022 12:32 am
Nov 29, 2022 12:42 am
I've had my eye on this game for awhile, and bought a bundle of the FFG RT books at some point. However, I've not gotten around to reading the lore yet, which seems important given your premise.

Good luck, and always glad to see more 40K games.
Nov 29, 2022 12:52 am
Hey, I am happy to take on people learning the system - even a basic handle on the lore should be enough, so long as you have a strong idea of what you would like to do!
Nov 30, 2022 4:16 pm
Helllo

I’ve also been wanting to play rogue trader for a while. My preference would be to not be the rogue trader themselves but if no one will do it then I’ll volunteer. I live in pacific standard time.
Nov 30, 2022 8:53 pm
Timezones aren't as big a deal - I had planned on running PbP, so we can have a bit of time in that regard.
Nov 30, 2022 9:22 pm
interested sign me up.
Dec 2, 2022 10:43 pm
Hello there. I just returned from a hiatus so I'm a bit late replying. I've played Rogue Trader and I love the game and setting so I'd love to join.

I've read many, many 40K novels so I'm quite knowledgeable about the lore and what life on a voidship is like and what stupendous power Rogue Traders wield.

I could play the Rogue Trader career if no one else wants that role. But I am equally happy to play another career.
Feb 10, 2023 1:45 pm
Hello, I am interested and I'd like to apply!
Feb 10, 2023 3:15 pm
I'd be interested!

Fun fact: I was one of the original playtesters for Rogue Trader. My name is actually listed in the credits for the book.
Feb 10, 2023 3:16 pm
Unfortunately, the DM seems to have been captured by a Void Ship, roughly a month ago. Doesn't look like this game is happening... or continuing if it had started.
Feb 10, 2023 3:44 pm
Is there any chance one of us could reprise that role?
Feb 10, 2023 3:47 pm
Appalahi says:
Nobody's stopping you 😋
Feb 10, 2023 3:49 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Appalahi says:
Nobody's stopping you 😋
Sadly, as much as I love 40k and 30k lore, I have very little knowledge over the system itself.
Feb 16, 2023 3:15 pm
Is there still any interest here?
Feb 16, 2023 7:15 pm
Well, I still would love to join a 40k game. :)
Feb 16, 2023 8:43 pm
I’m happy to GM Rogue Trader, though I might need a second to get acquainted with the site.
Feb 16, 2023 9:52 pm
Rogue Trader is my favorite, so if you want to, please! I'll be here, or just send me a message once it's up.
Feb 17, 2023 9:09 am
I'm interested! Sent you a PM!
Feb 17, 2023 12:32 pm
I'm somewhat familiar with the system, but too swamped to play/run this. However, allow me to drop two free pre-made modules that might help get you started...

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/81486/Rogue-Trader-Forsaken-Bounty-Quickstart
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/81506/Rogue-Trader-Dark-Frontier--Quickstart

You do not have permission to post in this thread.